[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of being a genius if I can't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

25y/o live with younger brother, but my parents still support me.
147 IQ and 0 job experience.
Have no idea how to handle myself like a grown ass man.
What's the point if I'm still a fucking manchild?
How's one supposed to get a job?
>>
Use entry level positions, unpaid internships or volunteer work to develop experience and CV credentials. Decide on a field for a career, build a portfolio demonstrating evidence of competency in your desired field, and move into that field - unpaid or paid - your aim is to make friends and contacts, learn more about the mechanisms for hiring, discover industry publications, facebook groups and companies for hiring opportunities.
>>
>>18097974

Want to be an adult? First lesson: Your IQ means shit. A dumbass picking up boxes by the docks can support his family.

Working is about dedication, goals, responsibility, and all that shit that has nothing to do with "IQ".
>>
>>18097981
You're not a genius, op. If you were you'd already be rich.
>>
>>18097974
autism is rough.

> 2k12+ and still waving IQ like it means something
>>
Well, you can go to the internet and brag about it and ask for praise in some way or another. Basically what a massively insecure edgy teenager would do.
>>
>>18097987
>>18097996
>>18097981
I don't want to work at a call centre. It feels like I poo in loo without even being a pajeet.
I've been told that I could write for magazines, that that fits me well, but how does one go around that? It sounds to me like a shit ton of luck and/or too little decency - if they ask me to bash GMOs/global warming/what have you, I simply won't do it.
>>
Congratulations you took the final redpill

you're not a genius, just a retard
>>
>>18097990

Uh huh...
>>
>>18097974
You could have 200 IQ and it wouldn't change a thing. IQ doesn't mean shit if you're a lazy sod.
>>
>>18098030

Stop looking for reasons to stop working and start looking for reasons to do it.
>>
>>18098064
>>18098057
I did go to an interview this monday, though I had the flu. I don't think I made a good impression because I had to run towards the bathroom in the middle of the interview to barf.
I thought me going despite my illness it would say "hey, I'm sort of responsible", but apparently all they heard was "BWAAAAHHHG".
>>
>>18098071

So? Try again. You will get rejected. All you are telling me is that you are willing to make excuses.
>>
>>18097974
>states high IQ
You're already fucked bro.

Oh wait they already told you...
>>18097987
>>18097990
>>18097996
>>18098039
>>18098057
>>
>>18098030
lol, get over yourself. if you have 0 experience doing anything, you won't get a decent job as a writer unless you're really rich and/or your family have a lot of connections.

At 25, its already an uphill battle to get entry level experience because you will be competing with graduates who already have standard work experience, career-based work experience and decent social skills.

You have to start at the bottom in order to get anywhere, your IQ really doesn't matter all that much because its all about work ethic. Get a job in a call centre -part-time if you have to and get a taste of what working life is actually like. In the meantime, start applying for things that you can reasonably do. For example, if you have a college degree and no work experience, you are qualified enough for an unpaid internship or a low-level freelance gig writing.

High IQ does not equal having a high level of ability in any job. All work requires training and learning. You don't seem to recognize your actual aptitude for work.
>>
>>18097987
>>18097990
>>18097996
>>18098039
>>18098057
>>18098105
t. brainlets
>>
>>18098187
nice bait.
>>
File: better.png (513KB, 650x587px) Image search: [Google]
better.png
513KB, 650x587px
>>18098200
stop being a pleb, dubs man
>>
>>18097974
Go camping in the woods, alone. All that shit your dad has never done with you
>>
>>18098187
kek tfw too smart to work like a pleb

>>18098117
In all seriousness, tho... yeah, I just applied to a couple of callcentres, I guess sometimes the choices are just not available.
But talk more about the low-level freelance gig thing you mentioned. Can't think of where one's bound to find a job like that. Like, do I send articles to small magz, or sumin?
>>
>>18098222
No, you'll have to look for shitty websites that are looking for writers and send them work. Sometimes they advertise on job sites. If you're serious about writing, you need to build a portfolio of work. You could volunteer to do writing for charity organizations and/or start a blog writing about things that interest you as well as applying for freelance work. You should also brush up on media law if you're serious about writing.
>>
>>18098239
Yeah, I'll look into that. But the bottom line is: it'll be years before I start working on something I actually like, right? Sigh, I guess it's better to admit that to myself now that I have the meds.
There's actually a class at my college about intellectual property, I think it might be appropiate to check that one.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.