[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make a good tinder profile? I'm about a 7, so I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: w2ZlpSd6.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
w2ZlpSd6.png
7KB, 400x400px
How do I make a good tinder profile? I'm about a 7, so I don't think looks are the problem.
>>
I'm a 7 too, just have a first visible picture of you, have at least 1 or 2 pictures of you having fun (with friends if possible), I have a partynextdoor song just because it's easy to relate and all the girls know his songs and I don't have a bio because looks will do. it works for me
>>
I am average looking and managed to get a lot of matches on my first day having it a while back (realise it seems to be the way you're alwats gonna get more matches when you first get tinder but w/e). Ended up matching with/then meeting with who is now my girlfriend in no time at all. This isn't a brag, i'm just like you i'd assume. Anyway here would be my 3 main tips from my experience, but others may disagree as i think some is more personal preference:

- Use 4 or 5 pics. make sure your main pic is a nice one of JUST you. have 1 or 2 with friends. i guess 1 'selfie' shot is fine but don't have all your pics just you in a mirror.
- I prefer to have a short bio. Mine was something like 'uhh hey wanna go get a burrito or something??' probably nothing that special, but to me i prefer that rather than a big list of what im into and my height etc.
- Don't just message girls you match with 'Hey'. i normally would ask just some shitty question or like 'would you rather legs for arms or arms for legs' or whatever. writing this down here sounds kind of lame, but i would 95% get at least some kind of convo going.

Remember girls have a shit ton more guys to pick from than guys have for girls. also you could probably take or leave any of my advice depending what you're looking for on tinder. i was generally open to anything but decided to gear my profile more towards actually finding someone i could have some stuff in common with rather than making it look like i was just looking for nsa hookups. if that makes sense. also im based in the UK if that makes any difference. sorry for the ramble, good luck
>>
>>18097915
>have at least 1 or 2 pictures of you having fun (with friends if possible)

Is there a way to get around this? I'm not really a "take pictures of stuff" kinda guy.

>>18097995
>Don't just message girls you match with 'Hey'.

Do girls seriously not like this? I've only had two non-spam matches so far and that was how I started off.
>>
>>18098003
It's not that "hey" is bad, but girls get fucktons of matches, so when you're one of 50 generic intros you lower your chances of a substantial response that actually encourages conversation.
>>
>>18098019
I guess you've got a point, maybe I'll try that in future.
>>
>>18097807
4-5 photos. Include you in a nice suit/outfit, you in a social situation, and you doing something you enjoy. If you're tall, put it in your bio. If you work out, show it off. If you have a pet, show a picture of you with it.

Write a short bio, make it kind of fun.

Realize your looks matter more than anything on Tinder. I am not bad looking but I'm also not white, and this is something that impacts a lot of non-white men more than people care to admit (I'm going on a date tomorrow with someone and she said I'm very cute so I'm not using race as an excuse, only pointing it out because I've seen bios with stated preferences for white men). Same goes for any other potential turn off like height.
>>
>>18098049
>and this is something that impacts a lot of non-white men more than people care to admit

I don't doubt it. I've seen at least three confederate flags in girls' pics so far.

My basic rules for swiping left are:
>if they mention jesus
>picture with a dead deer
>maga hat
>group pic with cheap beer and white trash guys
>>
>>18098059
I'm not into southern or "patriotic" women either. Nothing against them, but I know that we not only would have nothing in common, but they'd demonstrate some strong racial preference in dating and I wouldn't even stand a chance. Better for the both of us, really.
>>
To other guys here: what are some great places to meet women at?
>>
File: SdBxbA4X.jpg (18KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
SdBxbA4X.jpg
18KB, 396x396px
>>18098613
Haha if I knew I'd be there mate!
>>
>>18098613
Cafés, sandwich shops, parks, comic book stores (if both of you are into that)
>>
>>18097915
>I don't have a bio because looks will do
I always swipe left if guys don't have a bio

>>18097995
Agreed, just saying "hey" is boring and half the time I just won't respond desu

>>18098059
lmao always swipe left if they have hunting pics

Good luck, anon!!
>>
>>18098654
Thanks, I think I'll try restarting my account sometime this week.

[spoiler]Anyone in the detroit metro area?[/spoiler]
>>
Adding interesting question to this thread
>Get Tinder a couple of weeks back
>Make pretty bad profile
>Barely any matches
>Realize my profile is shit and work on it a couple of days ago
>Now people I Super Like are matching up and talking to me, everything is better
>But I already went through nearly all the girls using Tinder in my area in the first few days
>I was probably already swiped left by practically everyone
>Anyway to redeem myself?
>>
>>18099632
Delete your account, start again.

This is, of course, unless you still have something going with anyone you've matched with, in which case completely disregard what I just said.
>>
>>18099649
That's interesting. But if I delete my account and re-register with same facebook wouldn't all my information be retained?
Also, wouldn't it be super weird for people who already saw me to see me again?
>>
>>18097807
this might be helpful: https://theblog.okcupid.com/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures-41bedf26e4d#.h329km5x1
>>
>>18099653
>>18099632
I think so. Tinder's pretty insidious with this type of stuff, you even only get matches roughly in your "league" depending on your stats (how much others like you/talk to you AND how popular those matches are in turn). Seeing as they have this algorithm to begin with, I doubt they'll just wipe all info once you delete tinder.
>>
>>18099653
Just delete your tinder info on facebook. See, http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-Tinder-Account

And just because they've already seen you doesn't mean they'll swipe the same. If you have a better picture, they might be more inclined to swipe right. Also, sometimes you might be paired with 50 other people in the area (lowering your chances), or under 10 depending on who's where.
>>
>>18099596
Holy shit, no, dude. Detroit is the Somalia of America.
>>
>>18100432
That's a pretty extreme comparison.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.