[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR: AirForce vet, Should I go to College or Marines? Background:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: usmc.jpg (479KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
usmc.jpg
479KB, 1600x1600px
TLDR: AirForce vet, Should I go to College or Marines?

Background: >Join the Air Force last summer
>Get injured in basic, get sent to medhold for 5 months
>Medical Discharge through the medboard process
>get told with my reenlistment code the only ones that will take me back are the Marines (I talked to all 5 branches)
>Have GI bill waiting for me and pending VA disability rating
>22 years old, poor as fuck

I still want to serve and I really enjoyed what little I got of the military life. It sounds like I should be good to serve again after a year or so. Basically I'm asking should I go back to school for IT or go be a Marine doing IT
>>
Anyone? I can give more details if needed
>>
>>18097690
Do you want to be a Marine?
You will get paid more in IT as a civilian and at times the Corps is going to suuuuuuuck.
But you get to be a US Marine.
For some people, like both of my sons, being a Marine is worth all of the BS. They take great pride in it.
For most people, it's not worth it.
>>
>>18097810
I loved the idea of being in the military. I wouldn't mind going through all the bullshit to become a Marine. I do have alot more pride in myself just saying I served.

I know i'll get payed more as a civilian but to me with all the benefits I feel that being a Marine would still be worth it at the end of the day.
>>
Lol, you're fueling the machine either way. Sure, go take the lives of indoctrinated fools to defend your indoctrination. But hey you're protecting my freedom and its totally not about oil and religion, right?
>>
File: IMG_3861.gif (2MB, 509x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3861.gif
2MB, 509x710px
>>18097690
>college
>in about 6 or 7 years you'll get your PhD
>you might teach or go to investigation if stem
>otherwise you'll find a well paid job if you have a real degree, not some shit like gender studies.
>find a girl and start a family with her

>marines
>badass incarnate
>every girl would like to fuck with you when you're off duty
>pays well
>get to see the world
>fight for your homeland
>fight for the God Emperor.

Your choice OP. Both are great choices, choose the one that suits your needs. But since you're poor it's gonna be hard to pay for college. Think well OP
>>
>>18097820
>I wouldn't mind going through all the bullshit to become a Marine
Sounds like a good idea for you then. I was a Navy guy, and I also have a great deal of pride in my service. I learned much more tech much faster in the service than I did in the civilian world. It has also given me a "presence" around other people that is very useful as you get older and become a manager.
>>
>>18097690
You do realize that the military no longer is about supporting the us constitution, but further elite individuals agenda right? You will be a paid tool, nothing more
>>
You're lucky. Air Force will suck the life out of you, everyone is always trying to beat out everyone else no real camaraderie. Wish I'd done The marines. Real deployments (where the money is) good friends and a reasonable fashion to attaining rank
>>
>>18097823
Your rhetoric needs work.

>>18097825
>fight for the God Emperor.
now im definitely signing up when i get my braces off. (That's right, I prefer to serve with a good smile.)
>>
>>18097825
See the Marine part sounds more appealing, but the the college would sound better to a 30 year old me.
>>18097823
>>18097857
I didn't care about this when I joined the Air Force
>>18097829
That sounds great, Honestly gaining a more of a presence would be great for me
>>18097912
I started to notice this while I was in. People were acting so cut throat with each other when it came to promotions. Like everyone is ready to throw you under the bus just to make themselves look better.

Would love any other input
>>
Muhreen combat vet here.

Only join the Marines if you want to be in the infantry or want to be a raider for some reason

For all other things join another branch.

We had a couple of data guys at the company outpost in afghan. After they set shit up they became general laborers. At least we got to shoot at people.
>>
>>18098767
Comm guys dont just keep doing comm? They just big hoes and shit after? Damn Yeah I'd rather just kill people. And I know a recruiter would try to place me with a Comm MOS
>>
>>18098779
dig holes*
>>
>>18098767
Data guys are wimps. At least doing general labor gets them off their ass.
>>
>>18097690
When were you in Medhold OP?
CQ housing was based af the TIs werent even dicks in there.
Its just the fact that we are doing....nothing.... but.... eating... and twirling them keys. I got to leave on colombus day 2015. To this day best day of my life. The military is fucked. Go to college get a useful degree in something youre good at. Or go be a cop if you want to serve your country (read community, it matters more) in an actually effective manner.
>>
>>18097825
>college
>5 years of STEM
>loose college sloots notice youre in STEM want that future rich D
>graduate if you didnt get laid you wouldnt have gotten Laid inna military either
>make unfathomable amounts of money and can do whatever the fuck you want

Military:
4 years
>POG because no depth perception or some other fuckshit reason
>all the grunts want to top you
>get borderline molested by NCO once or twice
>what the fuck is off duty
>pays shit, treason if you want to say fuck it and leave
>come back and cant relate to anyone because you were basically in a cult
>STD and discharge from barsluts instead of pure college girls
FTFY
>>
>>18099022
July-Dec 2016. I mean like I said I didn't have a terrible experience, we had a lot of fun using paper clips and coat hangers to get TV up in the dorms. CQ housing was lit, but the CQ housing lesbo squat was the best.
>>18099037
Sounds great either way
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.