[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What alcohol related health issues can cause back pain? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 5584.jpg (52KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
5584.jpg
52KB, 600x338px
What alcohol related health issues can cause back pain?
I have been living with my older brother since I was about 20, I decided to continue to live with him because I worry about him. He's a "functioning alcoholic", He has a job and pays all the bills and everything but he drinks very heavy heavily every day.

He drinks 1.5 gallons (3 handles) of 100 proof vodka a week and takes Valium as well from time to time (he doesn't have a prescription for this, Idk where he gets it).

The last two days he has been complaining about back pain and has had trouble sleeping because of it, I'm fairly sure he didn't injure himself physically by falling or something because I've been off work this entire week and have been with him almost the entire time.

He has been drinking this heavily for about 9-10 years, He has bad PTSD from serving overseas and he absolutely will not go to a doctor period. No matter what I say or do

He broke 3 fingers last year when he was drunk and he wouldn't go to the doctor.

Does it sound serious or is it likely just malnutrition, A pulled muscle, or something like that?

He say's the pain is in his upper part of his back towards his right side and It's a sharp pain, But he says if he positions himself correctly he doesn't feel it.
>>
Malnutrition, liver issues, whatever. Could even be just a dislocated rib.
>>
>>18097191
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0047846/

Alcoholic pancreatitis is a thing. Is it a sharp abdominal pain that radiates toward the back? Hope he doesnt have cirrhosis on top of that.
>>
>>18097607
He's right next to me right now.

He said no stomach pain but it hurts a large lower portion of his back if he laughs. He said below his rib cage and in the back
>>
>>18097191

Probably kidney issues, possible diabetes.

Especially in that area, with the valium and sheer amount of booze he's drinking.

t. Alcoholic with kidney problems.
>>
>>18097649
>>18097640
>>18097607
At any rate, all of this means please seek medical help for the ptsd, drug and alcohol problems, and back pain.
>>
If you want to test for kidney issues, put one of your fists on one side of your brother's lower back. Give it a firm tap/strike with your other fist. If it hurts like hell (not just mildly uncomfortable), it's kidneys.
>>
>>18098672
I'll try this
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.