[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've found a reason to live. Now how do I get a job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1372830880717.jpg (110KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1372830880717.jpg
110KB, 500x485px
So I've found a reason to live. Now how do I get a job? I live in a town of less than 2000 in Ireland, I'm 20, I have 0 experience in work of any kind, and have no friends, connections, or social skills. I've applied to all the places I'm qualified for, which is not a lot, and have got no replies from any.
>>
Maybe get a job in IT
>>
Maybe bars, restaurants and stores in general?
>>
>>18096133
the thing with applying to jobs is this: dont hope you got the job, you gotta know you got the job. only way you can do that is to make everything on your resume make you feel like anybody would want to hire you.
>>
>>18096142
Guessing I'd have to go to college for that. I'd be stuck in this shithole town another four years, but it might be the only thing I can do I suppose.

>>18096151
Yeah I've applied to all the ones in my town, but there really isn't many. Could apply to bigger towns nearby but I don't really have reliable transport.

>>18096155
I have nothing really to show for on my resume though. I mean I haven't done anything in 3 years apart from sit at home. I get what you mean, but I don't really know how to go about it.
>>
>>18096133
Ok let me break it down for you.
Ireland has the same shitty economy as my country, and I live in a town of 60k people. Also 20. Also pretty hard to find a job.
What makes you think staying in that shithole would get you anything? Just move the fuck out of there and work as a waiter in a bigger city.
>>
If you want to get a degree, you can always go to Germany and get one for free. Apply to any schools that have bachelor's programs taught in English. Freiburg has a few. You'll need money for living expenses, but it'd only be about 700€/month. If you don't want to get a degree, you can get IT certifications. Ask your parents for the money. Learn everything you can before you take those tests and take mock exams beforehand to make sure you're ready. It's quicker and cheaper than a CompSci degree.
>>
>>18096133

whats the reason to live?
>>
>>18096179
Sometimes I have that thought. Any advice on how to just up and move somewhere though? I mean, I've never done anything close to that in my entire life. I haven't even worked a job.

>>18096193
I don't have the money for that.

>>18096197
Sounds dumb, but it's my music. I put out an album recently and just kind of realised I want to keep going with it. It's the only thing that makes me happy.
>>
>>18096211

>sounds kinda dumb
>music

nigga, thats not dumb, dumb would be like 'oh i met a girl' or something stupid.

no man, you rock that. fuck yeah. you got me pumped now.
>>
>>18096211
What genre
>>
>>18096216
Thanks man, that's really cool.

>>18096230
Noise rock with a lot of blues influence. For now anyways.
>>
>>18096240
Damn I was expecting IDM or hip hop or something easy, what instruments do you play?
>>
>>18096246
Bass, drums, and a little bit of guitar. Hoping to learn keys at some point if I ever see someone selling a keyboard.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.