[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I live with myself? I work a semi-decent job that leaves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2095.jpg (388KB, 1171x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2095.jpg
388KB, 1171x1280px
How do I live with myself?

I work a semi-decent job that leaves me with around $450~ surplus a month, and I've been doing it for about four years now. Maybe I have delusions of wine tastes with tap water budget, but I keep trying to look for better jobs with no luck. The only issue is that I don't have a Bachelor's (only associate), and I don't have 2-4 years of preexisting experience. What little independent work I've done seems to have gone unnoticed because it's not part of something bigger. The only experience I have is dumb warehouse labor, and when it comes to work load/wage, I'm making more than if I went over to something like Amazon.

I'm not exactly hurting for money at the end of the day, but I know that all it'd take is one bad day to clean out my account and put me into debt. I know that I'm making well below my age median (29k at 24), and it kills me because I have a urges and dreams to one day start a family, or at least find a job that pays at least $20 an hour compared to $13.47.

Am I supposed to just take more bites of the shit sandwich until I get older and somehow end up in a better job? Is my shit family a healthy indicator of my ultimate fate? Am I just being stupid and not selling myself hard enough or not annoying the right people? I feel like resigning myself to a fate of permanent poor scum...which is still somehow better than the bulk of my family at this point.
>>
Warehouse work is what it is; not much room for advancement. Trades make good money--electrician, HVAC, even drywall, masonry, plumbing. At 24, plenty of time to switch type of work.
>>
>>18096111
How could I even get into something like electrician? I don't have the money to go to a university, and I don't know anyone who could go "sure, you're a liability and you'll be underpaid rest assured...but I'll give you a chance".
>>
Bump why not
>>
>>18096111
My dad worked at the warehouse of a multinational corporation.
He did his job well so he became the head of a small group of workers.
At some point he replaced an ill guy as head of the warehouse, was noticed and they asked him if he wanted to work in the office related to external purchases.
Went there, worked hard, got a promotion, then he was asked if he wanted to be a manager of telecommunication technology, which was risky because he had to teach himself how to do it.
He did it and now makes more than 3000 euros per month (3400 bucks more or less) and in our country that's enough to keep a family of 4 going with money on the side.
So yeah. You never know.
>>
>>18096196
That's not how it works here. Over half the management don't know shit and nobody defends them on that accusation because most of them got the job purely because of having a Bachelor's and being here when previous management got fed up and quit.
>>
>>18096199
Then why the fuck are you wasting your time with those jobs. Send a shitload of curricula to occupy better positions, make a shitload of interviews and maybe one day you'll get lucky to get hired for a job that's less "dumb". At that point you need to work hard and educate yourself on the job in order not to be kicked out. If you do get kicked out you have another job to put on your curriculum so here's that.
>>
>>18096218
I have been sending resumes out. At least 40 in the area. Nothing yet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.