[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What badly does parental neglect affect a child's overall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What badly does parental neglect affect a child's overall development?

>dad left to the U.S. when I was one, leaving me with my mom
>mom left me when I was 5 to join my Dad
>they end up divorcing
>raised by my grandparents/aunt.

One thing I've noticed is that I talk to my Mom like she's a complete stranger. I have no emotional bond or that parental love I see with other parents.

I feel ashamed to talk about my past with a professional.
>>
>>18095112
Nothing to be ashamed of, anon. It happens. When I was a baby, or around one, I dunno really, my dad cheated on my mom. She didn't tell me this till I was 24. She wanted me to have a normal relationship with him growing up she said, so she didn't want me to have a bwd perception of him. But they split, found new partners, and I basically had a screwed up life since. I'm greatful for many things though.

My father and I have lived far apart for so long, that I hardly ever think of him.

It happens..
>>
>>18095112
I also have had my parents been divorced at a very young age.\

Talking to someone about it whether it be an en confidante or a professional therapist is the best way to confront the feelings you have about the past.
>>
>>18095203
Is it normal to not want to talk to your parents? I don't have any emotional connections with them. Whenever my mom calls me, I feel like I'm just going through the motions.

I have never even told her I love her, really bizarre.
>>
>>18095292
There is just a disconnect between the two of you, having essentially grown up separate.

Certain people wonder why me and my father don't talk. I don't hate him or anything, although he is very different from me. There's just nothing to say because he was always so far away.

So I never call or write letters, he's just somebody there essentially.

One thing is for sure, I don't want that kind of relationship with my own children, if I have any.
>>
>>18095112
>One thing I've noticed is that I talk to my Mom like she's a complete stranger. I have no emotional bond or that parental love I see with other parents.

You are, essentially, strangers connected through blood. My dad was in and out of my life until 10, when he was cut off. He was abusive, so I was happy about that. I allowed contact at 24, pretty much had the same interaction with him (no bond, no good memories, nothing in common) and I hated that he was a decent parent to my half siblings when he didn't even try with me. I saw no benefit from interaction with him, so I cut him off again. With my grandma, who raised me, it was completely different. I was happy just being in her presence because I knew she loved me. She proved it time and time again through sacrifice and actually taking the time to be apart of my life. My dad chose to spend money on random women and his dog over my diapers and medication that kept me from seizing. I was simply an inconvenience, and I still feel like that to this day.
>>
>papa was a coke addict
>mama had to work two jobs
>grow up just in time for the whole town to dustbowl

Of the one home in my extended family that I knew damn well was worse off than what I had, the one boy of the family had a classic street thug upbringing. Grew up skin and bones hungry, became king of the turdpile for a tiny moment, then went to prison for lotsa years. His parents were both meth addicts, who split up and hooked up with two other meth addicts.

Does it effect much? Sure as shit it does. What can you do about it? Show the future a better time than the past has shown you.
>>
>>18095292
My husband goes through the same thing with his mom, but he was never allowed to be his own person while under her roof. She tried to mold him into what she wanted him to be, and when that backfired, he distanced himself from her. Now she's lucky if they talk once a month on the phone.
>>
Can this neglect happen later in life? My dad killed himself when I was 13 and I never really talked to my mom much after that. Sometimes I feel like I can't connect with people
>>
>>18095112
>What badly does parental neglect affect a child's overall development?
It affects them greatly, as a core developmental period is basically neglected with parental neglect. There are lots of cases like these, though I can only point out one extreme case atm.
>>
I can't say I had the same level of neglect some of you have experienced, I grew up with both my parents.

Unfortunately they were more invested in the bottom of a bottle and what was on TV, so I was more of a 'seen not heard' child. Eventually as I became a young teenager, they stopped buying my clothes, and often times didn't make any dinner. They would get into drunken arguments, and try and drag me into them too. They even lied to me about money, so I had to give up after school activities of any sort really because they told me they cost too much.

I don't care for my family anymore. I don't really care for people anymore. People are just another 'thing' I can do, like sports, or reading.
>>
>>18095112
I know how you feel OP. My mom left before I was born. Really messed up my childhood.
>>
FEELS OP

i had a dad that fucked off and cleared on me when i was young, my mu got re married but slowly through time i became the annoying black sheep, i have poor mental health dew alot to the beatings a neglected upbringing i had, my siblings cant really relate to my anguish with my mum, they were never beaten and have no reference of my mother being cruel only with me, which psychologically they see as my fault, im 33 and its still hard for me to understand why i get treated badly, im not perfect but everyone outside my family think im a really cool person, so fuck......dont worry OP tho, its not all doom and gloom, theres always pussy to boost Yer self esteem, if that fails just become a fucking troll on here LOL
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.