[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Showed my power level at school when my English prof kept asking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 9

File: 1482604136862.jpg (79KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1482604136862.jpg
79KB, 800x533px
Showed my power level at school when my English prof kept asking leading questions, challenging me, and trying to stump me regarding my research topic. I gave an example of "intellectual gated communities" as being people that repost things like that ABC segment where a Muslim woman claims emphatically that Sharia Law is feminist.

I was talking about how Islam, for example, endorses and enables pedophilia and how Muslim areas have a lot of child marriages and it's part of why we have problems with them when they come to a new area when a female pipes up.

>"No, it does not."
>"Yes, it absolutely does."
>"No, it doesn't. I'm a Mulsim." Says the brown lady. It seemed like to her that somehow made her an expert.
>"When did Muhammad marry Aisha and when did they consummate, then?"
>"W-what?"
>"When did Muhammad fuck his wife Aisha for the first time? The Quran says it specifically. I'm pretty sure it's that he married her when she was 7 and fucker her when she was 9."
>"It's different."
>"He fucked a 9 year old."
>"It's cultural stuff, tradition."
>"A tradition of fucking children should not be respected and the Quran locks that in as an inherent aspect of Muslim culture because he's supposed to be 'the perfect Muslim.' In fact, let me look it up. ...... Yup. Right here it says married at 6, fucked her at 9."
>Dead silence after that.

Am I going to have acid thrown on me?
What can I do to not get thrown out of college?

Additionally, the English Prof tried to corner me by saying how Catholics and such have committed pedophilia as well, and I brought up how the Pope has advocated for lightening punishments of pedophiles and shielding them after the fact, and spoke of zero tolerance regardless of origin. Might that be the saving grace?
>>
>>18095023
stupid pol tard
>>
>>18095025
Look, I realize this kind of looks like a slanted post trying to present some kind of ideological argument or something, but that stuff was presented only to give context. Pedophilia is bad. The only reason I even know this much about Islam, like I said at the time, is because once upon a time I was considering converting due to a female Muslim friend of mine basically practicing a completely different version of Islam from what the Quran prescribes for you. She's a Dutch policewoman and a "Muslim Policewoman" would be an oxymoron in most Muslim countries, so that alone is a pretty big difference.
>>
Pretty based anon
>>
>>18095023

>I was talking about how Islam, for example, endorses and enables pedophilia and how Muslim areas have a lot of child marriages

For someone who claims to be so intelligent I'm surprised as to why this visceral reaction comes as such a shock to you. You purposefully ignore correlation vs. causation and deliver your information in such a specific kind of insulting way that you know it will receive a negative, angry reaction. You then use that negative, angry reaction as proof of their irrationalism.

Whether or not your numbers add up isn't the point, the point is you're using the debate techniques of a child.
>>
>>18095086
giveaways that someone is not intelligent:

>claims to be intelligent
>uses "male" and "female" outside of a medical or biological context just to refer to someone in a derogatory way
>>
You did well, but depending on where you live, you will be ostracised by liberals for bad wrong think. Same thing happened to me at school, although it had nothing to do with Islam. One day a bunch of people I didn't like anyway stopped talking to me.

You'll be better off though.
>>
>>18095086
It has these child marriage epidemics because Sharia Law is derived from Islam which is why they push a wall over on gay people, crucify or cross amputate, etc.

It literally is causation.
>>
>>18095109
You completely miss the point of what that guy is trying to say.

Even if your argument or point is correct, don't be surprised when it isn't received well when you're being a sanctimonious cunt about it.
>>
>>18095101
She was literally female you mongoloid and when did I claim intelligence?Should I have called her a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN OF COLOR?
>>
>>18095125
Sorry, I should elaborate. I'm not looking to be friends with her, I'm looking to not get kicked out of college or get in legal trouble.
>>
>>18095023
pls be real, that stuff is genius.
But of course a teacher cannot simply let you strip her of authority, whether she was right or wrong. You will be shown your place, this way or another. So decide in advance, whether you wish to fight even more, risking they'll finally expell you, or whether you wan't to be meek this time and apologize a bunch
>>
>>18095140
I was sweating bullets during the whole thing. It went on for like 30 minutes until she chimed in and then another 10 after. I'm on the GI Bill so I may end up cowtowing to not waste my benefits.
>>
>>18095129
Nothing happened to you silly faggot literally what are you scared of?

Oh wait, you just came to /adv/ to attentionwhore your little story about how you "stood up" to some dumb random muslim girl at your inevitably shit-tier school in the middle of nowhere, act victimized even though LITERALLY nothing happened and then soak in the validation/pick fights with people who call you out on having acted like a retard to fuel your ego and soothe your blatant insecurity even more.

This thread doesn't even belong on /adv/ lol take it to >>>/pol/
>>
>>18095126
Dude was referring to the slang term "female" that has been popular lately usually in a derogatory way. "That female spoke up" is using this slang.
The correct way to say that is "A woman spoke up"
Otherwise your sentence is incomplete. A female what? Dog, pig, horse? We have a word for female human beings, it's women.
>>
It's senseless to introduce conservative thought into the ivory toilet.

They're just going to hold a grudge against you and press random bureaucratic buttons behind your back. You'd might as well be nailing Martin Luther's texts onto the door of a Catholic church.
>>
>>18095148
It's especially hilarious because he somehow managed to use "Muslim woman" in the previous sentence. No animosity towards her though because she was just some woman on the news, but anyone who dares to "pipe up" and challenge his views is obviously deserving of derision.
>>
>>18095144
I actually posted it on /pol/ first lol, and my intent was not to attentionwhore. I actually was panicking a bit, thought my autism was gonna make me waste my GI Bill. Nothing happened yet but what if she takes it to the dean or whatever? Look at UC Berkley and Antifa riots, man. I have a little sister, too.

>>18095148
I suppose you have a point but I spent years in the military calling them female. Is that not normal?

>>18095153
This is what I fear, backdoor bullshit that's gonna fuck me over without a hearing.
>>
>>18095160
I didn't even notice I did that. Maybe I do have an unconscious bias or something, but I've referred to the majority of them in my life for years as "female" regardless of connection. I'd more readily chalk it up to nerves than bias.
>>
>>18095166
Meant for >>18095159
Mobileposting
>>
>>18095160
No. Lately its been used in slang, mostly by the black community I've found (and the wiggers). It's commonly used in ways like
"Why deez females always bein hoes" "Females gonna suck my dick"
"Dos females don't know shit"
Etc.
As the other guy was putting, female is only used in a biological standpoint/conversation. You aren't talking biology in this case. So you can just say women/woman just fine. Or even girl, lady, etc. I know you know this though, because you used both lady and woman in your OP.
>>
>>18095160
In the military it's normal to dehumanize people, which is what referring to someone by "male" or "female" does.

I guess I can believe it's just a force of habit for you given you were the military but you should see how outside of that context, it's derogatory.
>>
>>18095168
I'm surprised I did that honestly. Thanks for the info though, I hadn't made the connection. Like I said, former military, "female" and "male is what we used most often.
>>
>female is now offensive
I am misinterpreting what you guys are saying?
>>
>>18095181
The proper term is "knifewoundself"
>>
>>18095173
All good mate. Just explaining why people thought you were being derogatory there.

I trust that you weren't trying to be that way, but when used like this is is kind of dehumanizing. Because again, you can be referring to a female human being, or any female animal, or hell even a fucking tool set.
>>18095181
When not expressly talking about biology in that context, yeah sure I guess. Offensive I think is probably too harsh a word, but it's annoying because it is very obviously used in ways to be demeaning.
>>
>>18095193
Is this a new thing cause no one has ever mentioned this to me.
>>
>>18095193
What are you on and can I have some?
>>
>>18095023
I know that what I'm about to say sounds like something I wouldn't follow in reality, but I honestly mean it: I'd rather be kicked out of a school for speaking up against Islam and the practice of it than to keep quiet and keep my position in the school. You needn't worry.

If they insisted on kicking you out, just do what dear old Rosa Parks did. And if you can remember the exact words of what she said that's even better. She was part of a freedom movement and so are you: atheism. Believe it or not, you are part of a minority.
>>
>>18095198
Relatively. It's popped up in the past couple years. You know how slang is. It comes out of nowhere and fizzles out just as fast.
>>
>>18095172
Didn't think of it that way. Sounds reasonable.
>>
>>18095211
During the civil rights act, TV brought the Dixiecrats down.

Today, Dixiecrats own the TV networks. The same factions who owned all the big land in Dixie.
>>
Aisha's Real Age is debatable. Recording dates of birth were unheard of in Muslim cultures.
>>
>>18095230
But her age is prominent as what OP states. There is no denying that. If you do, then you know you're turning a blind eye to that fact. Children are being forced into marriage in the refugee camps as well. Are you also going to argue that their age is debatable?
>>
Is there grounds for legal action?
>>
>>18095263
Are there*
>>
>>18095316
Is it legally classified as "hate speech" for example?
>>
File: 1394673417865.gif (448KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1394673417865.gif
448KB, 200x183px
>>18095109

>It literally is causation.

False. You provided no evidence of an epidemic but merely stated that "Islam promotes pedophilia" while ignoring the fact that out of the 1.6 billion Muslims on this planet, only a small fraction of that population supports and lives under Sharia Law.

What you're basically saying is that if a small percentage of evil was originated from a larger movement, its okay to make inflammatory, unfounded statements about the larger movement while intentionally neglecting to separate the fringe movements from the majority.

According to your logic, if I read that there are currently 3000 murderers being imprisoned in Kentucky, it would be a proper representation of "causation" to state that "Kentucky supports murder" without at all acknowledging the fact that the entire population of Kentucky is 4.4 million.

You're being purposefully ignorant of your implications so you can take the high road on this one and anyone with half a brain will see right through it. You can't make inflammatory and logically dubious statements to someone for the sole purpose of garnering a visceral reaction and using that visceral reaction as proof of their irrationality.
>>
Fuck what these people are saying about you being derogatory. I'm proud of you for standing up for what's right. Muslims are savages and they're overpopulating the earth. They're coming in droves into my country and trying to push their ways and beliefs on everybody.
>>
>>18095023
>Am I going to have acid thrown on me?
Maybe. Who's to say? Always be vigilant. The world has changed since we established "society".

>What can I do to not get thrown out of college?
I doubt you'll get thrown out unless you do things like hate-comments, or racist remarks. Speak with facts like you have been doing. Avoid saying things like "theyre filthy degenrates for promoting pedophelia". you need to use less degrading terms and not spell out the obvious. Just simple "they promote pedophilia because X, Y, and is seen in Z".
People can't throw you out for stating facts. That would cause quite a shitstorm in the educational sector.
>>
>>18095377
Thanks man, I'm feeling a lot better about it now. I was genuinely worried. I hope that she isn't a militant and that I won't end up "confronted" by cultural enrichers outside of class one of these days.
>>
>>18095372
Thank you as well. Honestly she might have been "one of the good ones." She seemed genuinely surprised by the Aisha bit. I wanted to talk to her after class and make it clear that I wasn't intending to target her directly but she got the fuck out of there
>>
>>18095023
He married her when she was 9 then consummated at 11, get your facts straight.
>>
>>18095385
She won't think too highly of you if he or she feels that his or her self-worth or whatever is being attacked.

You should also make it clear to them that you do not want to instigate or divide people or the classroom. Primarily speaking, schools and educational institutes were founded on the principle that knowledge should be free for all and not diluted by perceptions.

For the most part they seemed to have behaved well. They engaged in discussion and argument, and you provided facts and counter arguments. Winner or loser we all walk away knowing more if we choose to.

But people are crazy. Always be vigilant. (not distrusting or paranoid, but aware)
>>
>>18095392

>Hangs around in the thread until you find another /pol/ster who believes Muslims are savages and proceeds to circlejerk each other for being so woke

Listen, man, you're prejudiced. You're probably a little racist. Thats fine, just stop trying to wriggle your way out from underneath it by pretending to care about facts or logic or hard statistics.

You hate Muslims. Just fucking admit it. Thats what upset me most about you /pol/ kids, not the fact that you embrace hateful or racist ideology, but that you don't have the fucking balls to just be like "Yeah, I'm racist, ok?". Whats so hard about that?

Just embrace it, dude. Stop trying to convince all of us that your motives were motivated by pure historical accuracy because you and I both know thats bullshit, or you wouldn't of quoted this >>18095372 hunk of shit and given yourself such a hard pat on the back. You have a personal beef with Muslims and with women and you jump at the opportunity to take them down a peg because it feels good to you. I'm not faulting you for that, just your inability to own it.
>>
>>18095406
why shouldn't you hate muslims?
name 25 good things about islam, that are specifically islamic
>>
>>18095399
That's based on non-shahih sources. Get your sources straight.

>>18095404
Yeah I wish I had been able to speak with her after class. Thanks, bud.
>>
>>18095406

Yay for rational posters.

OP is a faggot.
>>
File: 1379474078336.jpg (43KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
1379474078336.jpg
43KB, 640x474px
>>18095414

>why shouldn't you hate muslims?

Because there are 1.6 billion of them. I don't feel the need to lay evil on the lap of 1.6 billion people. There are plenty of people who are good and evil from all different races, religions and backgrounds.

I don't hate because I come from a race. I come from a religion and a background and I want to be judged for the content of my character. I don't want to be generalized. I don't want someone to look at me and see the collective sins of the place I'm from or the color of my skin. I want to be judged for me. My decisions. My life.

You can pretend like it doesn't hurt when people judge you but I know it does.

I make an attempt to treat people how I want to be treated because, while I'm not a perfect person, I think the world has enough judgmental, irrational assholes in it and not being one of them is important to me.

>name 25 good things about islam, that are specifically islamic

I appreciate what you're trying to do but I'd like you to name 25 good things about ANYTHING. 25 is a lot of things, dude.

Name 25 good things about ice cream. See? Not so easy.
>>
>>18095086
When the book you base your entire sense of morality and worldview has an ideal man fucking 9 year olds you have a problem.
>>
>>18095369
>only a small fraction of that population supports and lives under Sharia Law
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg
epic.
>>
>>18095438
How many of them think killing homosexuals are okay and even if they dont think its okay they are part of a religion that says its ok. Fuck off shit head.
>>
>>18095476
If they survive getting a wall pushed over on top of them and waiting however long the local leader says, they get to live though. At least there's that.
>>
>>18095406
>>18095144 had this guy's number from the beginning
>>
>>18095406
>dude it doesn't bother me if you're a racist who wants to genocide other ethnic groups but gosh darn nothing upsets me more than when you won't outright admit it
Nice priorities.
>>
>>18095438
Well said
>>
>>18095497
>upvoting on 4chan
>>
>>18095438
>its mean to judge people who kill people for any slight

You sound like a pussy
>>
>>18095464

>When the book you base your entire sense of morality and worldview has an ideal man fucking 9 year olds you have a problem.

Religious texts are a collection of parables, orally passed down through the centuries. I think you're interpreting its information in a disingenuous manner.

In the bible there is a story of Jesus chasing moneylenders out of a church, beating them with whips and trampling them with livestock. So why aren't there droves of Christians out there whipping sinners and mowing them down with cows? Because your average person is intelligent enough to read between the lines; to interpret the information as they would any other piece of literature; to maintain a reverence for the greater theme in context with the message the text is trying to illustrate. The point is to interpret the book as a whole, not become solely focused on one or two details and claim that those details invalidate the whole body of work.

You're trying to claim that people who believe in the Quran aren't allowed to internalize the parts of the book that speak to them and either condone pedophilia or condone no part of the book at all and that just isn't realistic. You're focusing on one detail in a vast book that details a great number of goods and evils.

Not even including the fact the pedophilia wasn't a concept in ancient cultures, human history is filled with flawed idols and imperfect role models. Gahndi used to beat his wife. He made many mistakes in his life but I don't think anyone would argue that his transgressions means you're no longer allowed to place any value in any of his other words or teachings.

The Quran is a book, like any other piece of literature. Interpreting everything literally, word for word, is where we begin to blur the lines between religious interpretation and raw logic. This "all or nothing" interpretation of the information is logically dubious, at best.
>>
>>18095369

Technically every canonical Muslim supports and believes in Sharia Law; this is a part of their core set of beliefs. There are also hard numbers (which I'm not going to link) showing that the vast majority of recent immigrants from Muslim-majority countries support instituting Sharia in Western nations.

Your argument SHOULD be about what Sharia means. The variation between sub-groups of Islam comes in their interpretation of Sharia. Some interpretations are entirely innocuous, others have minimal distance from the standard /pol/ belief set, and others yet are dangerous. You should be arguing that there are more more Muslims supporting the former two than the latter.
>>
>>18095476

>How many of them think killing homosexuals are okay and even if they dont think its okay they are part of a religion that says its ok.

I have no idea. I judge people as I meet them. I have the time nor energy to generalize 1.6 billion people I've never met for crimes they may or may not be associated with.

>>18095493

I wasn't claiming it didn't bother me. I think its a ridiculous mindset but I do hold a tad bit more respect for someone who will stand up for their beliefs and not shy away from the responsibility of it. As dysfunctional as those beliefs may or may not be, I can disagree with someone and respect their resolve at the same time. I'm not so emboldened in my own mindset when that I can't acknowledge a certain brand of courage when I see it. Some people may be hateful and short-sighted, but personally for me, being a hateful, short-sighted coward seems a little worse for me.

If you're going to be a racist, own it. Shying away from the consequences of your decisions makes you a coward and any coward is a bad coward, whether they believe in hateful ideologies or not.

>>18095517

I think you and I both know that claiming that 1.6 billion people are stone cold killers is just a ridiculous statement. Either you know for a fact you're being ridiculous and you're just being purposefully obtuse for the sake of shock-factor or you actually have such a loose grip on reality that somewhere along the line you've been convinced that all 1.6 billion muslims are violent.

Either way, proving my manhood to a stranger over the internet doesn't even remotely resemble a priority to me.
>>
File: the left.jpg (32KB, 720x569px) Image search: [Google]
the left.jpg
32KB, 720x569px
>>18095025
>>18095086
>>18095125
>>18095144
>>18095369
>>18095438
>>18095550
>>
>>18095526

Jesus chased out the money lenders, and he chased out the livestock, but he never once caused livestock to trample anybody. Your claim here is verifiably false. The message taught in this story is to keep the things of God Holy: keep your heart holy (do not let it be wrought with money changers) and keep your place of worship holy. This comparison you're trying to make isn't good enough.

There's also a more fundamental issue with the beliefs of Islam and the beliefs of Christianity with respect to how they interpret scripture. The only self-referential support of the validity of scripture in Christianity is a verse stating that all scripture is God-inspired and useful for reproach and teaching, which technically gives freedom for a variety of interpretations. On the other hand, the Quran self-referentially claims itself a direct dispensation from God through their prophet Muhammad; every word of the Quran is sacred, infallible, and perfect, in the eyes of Islam. This greatly restricts the set of consistent interpretations that may be held about the Quran among devout Muslims.

Regardless of what the historical definition of pedophilia is, the fact remains that other religions in the Abrahamic tree directly defend the innocence of children while the core lore of Islam contradicts these sensibilities. This is a legitimate concern in any objective analysis of religion and ethics.

"The Quran is a book." Again, this logic is flawed. To the Muslim, the Quran is more than a book. To the Christian, the Bible is more than the book. You can't force a secular interpretation of an object on a non-secular group to justify your opinion. You cannot be objective about what Muslims do or do not believe if you reject this simple premise.
>>
>>18095550
Im not saying they are killers im saying they are okay with it which is just as fucking bad.
>>
>>18095537

>Technically every canonical Muslim supports and believes in Sharia Law; this is a part of their core set of beliefs

False. Unequivocally. Thats like claiming that every Christian who believes in the bible believes its okay to sell your daughter as a servant. That's not true and you know it. Again, this "all or nothing" attitude you're trying to impose just has no place in reality.

Like I said a million times before, you're prejudice. You have some kind of personal beef against Muslims that transcends logic or historical accuracy but for some reason you just aren't coming out and accepting it; for some reason you just want to hide your personal motivation with vague references to "hard numbers" and very wide-set, logically dubious statements that are often so dubious they can neither be proven or disproven.

Just own it, man. You dislike Islam, and to a certain extent you're willing to skirt the boundaries of logic to achieve your justification. I don't understand why, as someone who has obviously done a lot of research to gather the justification for your beliefs, has such a hard time just admitting where your heart is in all this; like if you can somehow convince other people that Muslims are inherently evil you gain a couple of validation medals to tack onto your chest.

>There are also hard numbers (which I'm not going to link)

Convenient.
>>
>>18095558
>>18095567
you're both fighting to prove which of the two books that brought the most sorrow, hatred and evil to the world is better.
I know this is 4chan and all, but dudes - come on. Both are terrible, bothgive stupid people excuses for ruining other lives
>>
>>18095558

>Jesus chased out the money lenders, and he chased out the livestock, but he never once caused livestock to trample anybody.

Ok, yet again, you are focusing on a very minute detail of an analogy I was laying out to illustrate a completely different point all together. My point being that billions of people everyday live with the tenants of their specific religious text without this "all or nothing" attitude you have. Millions of people are able to critically read and interpret their religious text without literally accepting every single word as gospel.

>Again, this logic is flawed. To the Muslim, the Quran is more than a book

Unless you've personally met all 1.6 Muslims you have absolutely no basis to make that statement. You are not the expert of 1.6 billion people's method of faith.

>You can't force a secular interpretation of an object on a non-secular group to justify your opinion

The irony is that neither can you do the opposite. My point this entire time is not to say that EVERY muslim doesn't interpret the Quran literally but that neither of have any logical basis to state one way or another.

Any attempt to make that kind of statement is just a generalization, an unfounded generalization. You're trying to generalize 1.6 billion people and despite all the "information" you've provided you will never ever come anywhere near meeting that burden of proof.
>>
>>18095567

>False. Unequivocally.

You're 100% speaking without basis here. Do you understand what Sharia is? Your lack of knowledge is only magnified by your comparison of an anecdotal reference to the existence of a phenomena in the Bible (in the case of selling your daughter) and a well-studied, well-known, and extraordinarily important principle in Islam.

Sharia is the set of divine law sought my Muslims. Depending on the sect, this law is taken as those given in the Quran or as given in both the Quran and the Hadith. All Muslims believe in Sharia (as all Muslims accept the words of their prophet Muhammad and the laws God dispensed through him). As somebody with Muslim family, as a person who has studied comparative religion in an academic environment, and as a person who himself has taken the time to better understand Islam to understand my Muslim friends and family, I can tell you that you're 100% wrong in your claim that Sharia is not universal to Islam. You don't know what you're talking about.

>prejudice

This is rather hilarious, given that you're so biased that you can't even recognize that I'm not the original person to whom you're responding, and you haven't even picked up that I'm not opposed to Muslims.
>>
>>18095580

>you're both fighting to prove which of the two books that brought the most sorrow, hatred and evil to the world is better.

False. I'm just against sweeping generalizations. I don't give a shit about either book.

>Both are terrible, bothgive stupid people excuses for ruining other lives

People don't need a book for that. Both have been the source of great sorrow and great joy in humanity. So many people have been helped, hurt, healed and damaged in the name of religion. Humanity is complicated that way; with ever ounce of sorrow on the other end there is someone trying to correct it and vice versa.

All I know is that as a human being I think that the world is too volatile not to offer people the ability to prove their character, regardless of what religion, race or country they hail from. The world is complicated enough without people like this asshole trying to justify generalizing and marginalizing people you don't know with any kind of logic.

My whole point this entire time is that I just don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Tossing everyone into a category of good or bad based on the actions of other people helps nobody. I don't like to do it, and although I know a lot of people do it just kind of gets on my nerves when people try to use distorted logic to justify it.

Be an asshole, thats fine, just don't try to use logic to justify it. Its a real shit thing to do.
>>
>>18095585

>focusing on a very minute detail of an analogy

The issue with this minute detail is that it is the crux of your analogy. Again, accepting every single word as infallible is given in a religion which holds this premise as one of its precepts.

>Again, this logic is flawed. To the Muslim, the Quran is more than a book

I've studied Islam; I understand what is prescribed by the Quran, and I understand the beliefs of the major sects of Islam. I am no expert, but I know enough to make a claim as simple about Islam as the claim that Jesus Christ is the Messiah in Christianity.

>The irony is that neither can you do the opposite

Except I haven't done the opposite. I'm trying to express to you the fact that there is a well-defined meaning of the Quran in Islam which extends far beyond the notion of 'just a book,' and further clarify that, theologically, the Quran is the infallible word of God. You can't pick and choose what you want to follow in Islam; any claim you make must be 100% consistent with the Quran, or else it is not able to be reconciled with Islam.
>>
>>18095023
You can't speak dissenting opinions in college, you fool, I'm surprised the gestapo didn't arrest and execute you right there.
>>
>>18095611

>I don't give a shit about either book

Great. We've established that you don't care about being able to actually make a sound theological argument about what either religion believes, and so we've established that anything you have to say on such a topic should ultimately be disregarded. Good to know.

>sweeping generalizations here

The concern OP raised is not about Muslims; the concern is about the ideology of Islam. How you handle your opinion of Islam is up to you, but it's possible to have a negative view of Islam without having a negative view of Muslims as people.
>>
>>18095023
Just like the Bible, thats a book written 2000 years ago.
Also
>it happened

You may just accept tha people married and fucked 10 year olds. In fact, royal houses, christian royal houses, sometimes arranged weddings for girls less than a year old. They were literally exchange currency.

Married to a way older man at 12 and fucked that same night.

Btw yes the catolic church had a good share of kidfuckers less than 100 years ago, ask the Irish.

I agree with you however, religions are the opposit of progress.
>>
>>18095611
well, I mostly agree
>>
>>18095406
My dad is a muslim, havent seen him in years but when I did visit when I was a young child he would do "church meetings" whatever they call them for islam , but i remember him reading parts stating that it's ok to hit a woman with an object no bigger than your open palm, he even read the Aisha part stating her age being 8 when Mohammed met Aisha.

So it isn't paranoia it's actually in their holy book. And it wasn't a small meeting group, like 40 or so people would go to these things.
>>
>>18095650
>it wasn't a small meeting group,
>40 people went there

Not criticizing the rest of what you said, but this part is ridiculous
>>
>>18095023
>>18095023

College should be a place of critical thinking and with that everything must be open to criticism as long as you arent farting with your mouth with stupid beliefs and opinions.

You could have been softer on it(if youre not making yourself sound more in your face than you were) , but Id say you were definitely within the very point of post secondary education.

But id debate you too.

The bible is full of pedophilia.. Inclusdng a scene where god told moses he could round up all the children of a defeated enemy, kill all the boys, and kill all the girls who have been fucked by men, but keep the virgin quote "women children" for themselves.

So Id say its not fair for someone to single out islam specifically for that kind of barbarism.

Also, before you go off "muslim country wahhh"

My all dutch white grandmother was in an arranged engagement when she was like 12 years old. (dude died or something) Was not very long ago we were doing that too.

The rise of mass public education gave us a brand new cultural definition of childhood. I dont disagree with our new definition, but a culture that still does this isnt some hopeless hellpit for doing it. In the scale of time they wouldnt even be terribly far behind.
>>
Enjoy getting ostracised and shit talked you moron. I'm actually surprised there is retarded people like you claiming intelligence while being dumber then rocks in social situations.
>>
>>18095665
40 per instance is a lot. Especially if those 40 are devoted enough to attend.
>>
>>18095741
it's a lot if you're throwing a party in your backyard.
Or if you have to pay this much for a dinner
>>
>>18095678

>Moses and pedophilia

Could you please quote the chapter and verse of where God says this to Moses?
>>
>>18095721
>there is
I think you mean "there are".
>dumber then rocks
I think you mean "dumber than rocks".

You shouldn't call people dumb when you're an idiot yourself and don't understand the difference between then and than.
>>
>>18095757
Numbers 31.

The kill/keep part is at verse 17.

Its a recurring thing in the bible that its totally cool to treat people from other nationalities than your own like animals and property.
>>
>>18095771

Not a native speaker. Atleast I'm smart enough not to go on /pol/ rants Irl. Jesus Christ, how autistic are you.
>>
>>18095779

God is not speaking in Numbers 31:17; Moses is saying this. Though Moses said this, you misattributed the quote.
>>
>>18095790
I did indeed.
Realised after figured you pick it up just fine yourself.

Does it change anything?
>>
>>18095023
You're a brave and honest person. Unfortunately, in this day and age it's dangerous to speak against the brainwashed masses.

Am I going to have acid thrown on me?
Possible. But not likely. Hope she didn't make a deal about it in her nest.
What can I do to not get thrown out of college?
Depends how leftist you're Dean/School is.
>>
>>18095795
Differentfag

I dunno man, im all against hate speech and being a dick for no reason..

But this is appropriate university discourse. All things must be subject to criticism and debate where reasonable evidence is present.

Its the very soul of higher education and intellectual discourse.

I wonder based on OPs story if he didnt conduct himself appropriately but english being his second language its possible he didnt yell "when did he fuck her" in some girls face.

Thats a different thing altogether.

Other than that his points were fair and the university could find itself with a lawsuit and disreputation for taking action about raising such points.

We talked about a lot of controversial things in our political science class and it got heated. No one got reprimanded for their views because no one was standing up and yelling pure unsupported hate. That would and should have been punished. And when things were kind of edgy there was data to back it. And thats fine.

Also that was 10 years ago maybe they have become dumber.
>>
>>18095779

>it's cool to treat people from other nationalities as animals in the Bible

... but it's not? Even with respect to the Mosaic Law, Leviticus 19:34 states that foreigners residing among Israelites must be treated as foreign-born people. Slaves were allowed, but there were strict rules about their treatment (which were more restrictive than those regarding animals). The laws of the Old Covenant are pretty dicey at times, but you're oversimplifying the state of things here.
>>
>>18095792

Yes. The Bible gives range to interpret the actions of a prophet (i.e. Moses) or his followers as not necessarily representative of the intentions of God (unless the prophet is speaking directly from God) [which isn't really true in Islam]. The difference here is that, from this verse, you may conclude that something was okay to Moses, but you can't conclude that something was okay to God.
>>
File: 1486772381937.jpg (509KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486772381937.jpg
509KB, 900x900px
>>18095023
Power level confirmed.
>>
>>18095678
No, I get you man, and I appreciate your openness in discussion. The professor also got into that, saying something like "Well, what about Catholics? They have that problem too."

"Not nearly to the same scale and it's not legally endorsed or culturally accepted. A counter to this that you may not know is that recently the Pope wanted to make pedophilia a less severe crime and to shield pedophiles. I absolutely disagree with this. It's not like your melanin count or what book you like the most changes my opinion on fucking kids."

"So what's your solution, arrest the Pope?"

"It's difficult to say a 'solution' all of a sudden. Let me ask you, what's yours? I say zero tolerance of fucking children, point blank, across the board and the destruction of ideology or aspects of ideology that permit it and with great prejudice those that endorse it."

The whole time, I'm sweating like mad and fuckin' trying not to show that I'm shaking. One wrong move and I'd be branded a racist or a bigot. i think me bringing up Bacha Bazi and the other person saying that it's a "cultural aspect" helped my case somewhat as there were 15 peers upon which my fate now lies if they end up investigating it which, given recent trends, seems likely.
>>
>>18095678
Also, to clarify, it was brought up because the professor was asking me what I meant by "intellectual gated communities."

"When people just restate or republish biased narratives and half truths to reaffirm their beliefs repeatedly. It's also been called an 'echo chamber.' "

"So humanity."

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Well, you're not going to change humanity."

"It's not about changing humanity, it's about pursuing the truth, independent investigation. My paper goes into the backlash from this, into the advent of alternative news sources and the implications of it as well as the clash between these sources and the mainstream media."

"The President-" something about how the President is censoring information, fake news, etc.

"That's precisely what I mean though. That sort of thing is what I argue against, the idea of just stating your beliefs over and over, brainwashing yourselves and destroying anyone that dares to go against this homogeneous blob of thought."

"What exactly do you mean by this blob of thought within a gated community?"

"Well, there was an ABC Interview between-" and that's where shit went south.
>>
>>18095198
it's a thug culture thing apparently. dunno why >>18095168 believes it applies generally to everybody else too. could maybe warrant some self reflection if you *hadn't* been puzzled by it i guess but safe to say beyond that it's not a thing that needs any fucks given about it
>>
>>18096146
>thug culture

What? It's a bitter internet nerd thing, I can't actually remember the last time I heard someone use "female".
>>
>>18095023
OP, I have one question:

Are you like the anons on /cuteboys/ at ate-chan that hate SJWs, niggers and women but still suck (sometimes black) cock and act like stereotypical women?
>>
>>18096158
I'm way too fat and angry to be a twink.
>>
>>18096158
Why would a /pol/-tard also be a faggot?

That's basically contributing to >white genocide.
>>
File: islam101.jpg (111KB, 889x784px) Image search: [Google]
islam101.jpg
111KB, 889x784px
>>18095369
>False. You provided no evidence of an epidemic but merely stated that "Islam promotes pedophilia" while ignoring the fact that out of the 1.6 billion Muslims on this planet, only a small fraction of that population supports and lives under Sharia Law.

The evidence is the sacred book encourages it. Muhammad is the perfect man who did nothing wrong oh and by the way he fucked a 9-year old. All of the Muslims who are not pedophiles are simply IGNORING a part of their holy book. Doesn't make their religion nor Islamic law any less disgusting desu.

> What you're basically saying is that if a small percentage of evil was originated from a larger movement, its okay to make inflammatory, unfounded statements about the larger movement while intentionally neglecting to separate the fringe movements from the majority.

No, that is a strawman.

> According to your logic, if I read that there are currently 3000 murderers being imprisoned in Kentucky, it would be a proper representation of "causation" to state that "Kentucky supports murder" without at all acknowledging the fact that the entire population of Kentucky is 4.4 million.

Kentucky is not an Arab supremacist ideology masquerading as a religion.
Kentucky does not give commands to kill the infidel and emulate Muhammad.

A better example would be: if a certain religious group follows a book that gives certain commands driven by hate, and some people follow those commands litterally, the problem is the book/religion. We're not blaming the peaceful adherents, we're blaming the source of the problem.

> You're being purposefully ignorant of your implications so you can take the high road on this one and anyone with half a brain will see right through it. You can't make inflammatory and logically dubious statements to someone for the sole purpose of garnering a visceral reaction and using that visceral reaction as proof of their irrationality.

REEE CAN'T OFFEND MUSLIMS
REEEEEEE STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND
>>
>>18095406
Since when is a religion a race?
>>
>>18095023
What was any of this doing in an English class?
>>
>>18095369
I sincerely hope one day one of these ''peaceful'' muslims kill one of your family members for you to realize the reality you're living in.
>>
>>18096505
Shit like that leaks in all the time. I had to take English 101 among other things as a STEM major, and the teacher spent more time going on about feminist reading rather than anything else since they knew the class doesn't matter anyways.

God I hated those mandatory humanities etc.
>>
>>18096548
This. I'm trying to become a Computer Systems Analyst. It's college composition which is piss easy.
>>
>>18095143
I'm so glad I studied a technical field. I can't imagine having to waste 30 minutes of class listening to someone acting like a smartass.

Also do you refer to men as "a male" too?
>>
>>18096808
Absolutely. Not doing so sounds strange to me, almost silly. That's why I was surprised I said woman earlier.
>>
>>18096812
>That's why I was surprised I said woman earlier.

Course you are.
>>
>>18096816
Good one. Here's your complementary (You).
>>
File: fuckoff.png (355KB, 1131x396px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.png
355KB, 1131x396px
>going on a fedora-tipping xenophobic rant
>this is what people call "revealing their power level" these days
End your life.
>>
>>18095023
NEVER APOLOGIZE for being a man!
>>
>>18095369
I think he kicked his "teachers" ass! After all, his teacher didn't bring up your argument whatsoever or pov.
>>
>>18097186
Another guy in the class said that the teacher was "running me around," but it's just that even though I had an answer and specific examples of what I mean including direct quotes from the Quran he kept asking more and more questions like the Pope thing. I think he relies on asking a question that's difficult to answer or going so far off-base with his questions and speaking so little int he questions that he makes the other person ramble. It seems more effective than anything at making listeners "zone out" on the speaker and assume that the guy with the derisive tone asking questions is "winning" or whatever gay shit.

Unfortunately for that tactic I was a never-ending fountain of specific information and he couldn't get me to state my OPINIONS specifically. it's hard to say I kicked his ass, but I definitely at least held my ground and prevented myself from being seen as a racist or bigot. I think.
>>
>>18095814
But that didn't stop people for using at as an excuse to own slaves/ treat people unfairly.
>>
File: 305.jpg (34KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
34KB, 500x490px
>People defending the pedophilia in the Quran

Going so far left you lose any sense or morality.
>>
>>18097239
They just want to fuck kids themselves
>>
File: independentthoughtalarm.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
independentthoughtalarm.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
>>18095148
>implying non-human females speak

I guess now even just taking advantage of context is politically incorrect. Great society.
>>
>>18095023
>swearing
s.m.h t.b.h
>>
>>18095023
youre pretty badass dude haha and fuck your professor
>>
>>18095023
Look dude I browse /pol/ too but I would never spout any of those ideas in uni. You've fucked up beyond belief as now in the class you're known as the "neo nazi" who's trying to deport all the muslims. Since most college students are so "up their own ass" about their bias, they will never consider your point of view and won't change this opinion about you, no matter how much you quote facts and say the truth. In the future, shut the fuck up and never spout these opinions as they will lead to F's. I actually study in Berkeley and I got a D in an english class because I wrote an essay on how Oscar Wilde' s The importance of Being Earnest has too high expectations of men.

>Am I going to have acid thrown on me?
No. You've just increased the difficulty in your class to a solid 9/10 when it was probably ~5/10. This professor obviously doesn't like you. You can't escape this by appealing to what he wants to say, as he will smell that you don't believe these ideas. Slowly adapt your writing to a neutral opinion and keep it there. Make sure you're well quoted and well cited. Any notion of blind ideology is normally accepted if it liberal. However, despite how ideologically indoctrinated college professors are, they will know when you write from a conservative ideology. Do not fall for this as it will lead to an F.

>What can I do to not get thrown out of college?
Shut the fuck up, only speak up in class when you have a non-opinionated comment, and don't get into an argument. If someone is trying to egg you on, feign ignorance on the topic and call upon the "historical norms" argument whenever possible. Whenever someone compares two groups, they're obviously comparing them at face value and expect you to do the same. Do not bring up nuances, as most of these students are too dumb to understand and will inflate nuance with you being a nazi.
>>
>>18097345
Sounds like solid advice. I'll be taking this to heart.
>>
>>18097424
Last piece of advise: College is an immovable object of political allegiance. I understand that you know they're wrong, I understand that you know they're ignorant, I understand that they're all just circle-jerking. I can understand if you want to make college more conservative. BUT:

That is not an excuse to start spouting conservative viewpoints. You will gain nothing and change nobody's opinion because they will conflate you calling them out to you being an asshole. Most people cannot differentiate between someone who is passionate about the debate and someone who is an asshole (which is why so many people say trump is an asshole when they don't realize that is just how he speaks). Especially with college students, any time they get offended they quickly block out the other person's opinion and call it "hate speech". I'm sorry to say this: but that is how the university is right now.

Do not waste you money (each course is about $2000 dollars in total i believe) and your time trying to educate emotionally unstable tweens when their ideology is centered around them feeling good about themselves and virtue-signaling to each other. Furthermore, DO NOT ARGUE WITH THE PROFESSOR WHO HAS THE ABILITY TO WASTE YOUR MONEY BY CHANGING YOUR GRADE FROM AN "A" TO AN "F". You're ruining your employment opportunities and GPA by arguing with someone who has an invested interest in calling you a nazi. You see, faculty members LOVE to talk about "that one student they anally penetrated by correcting them". Professor are not interested in the truth: they're only interested in opinions that give them an ego boost with their colleagues and opinions that give them tenure.
>>
>>18095023
Dam sounds like you rekt her
>>
If I was in the class I would have sucked your dick right then and there.
>>
>>18097443
Thanks a ton, man. This definitely sounds like something I need to keep in mind.

>>18097452
I'd like to think so, lol.

>>18097454
>tfw no recruitment of a conservative/libertarian wiafu
>>
>>18097508
Waifu*
Man I fucking hate mobileposting.
>>
>>18097508
You were in the right

She was in the wrong
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.