[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lads I have Hypochondria. medically diagnosed. I'm medicated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20170215_161713.jpg (25KB, 154x233px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_161713.jpg
25KB, 154x233px
Lads I have Hypochondria. medically diagnosed. I'm medicated for it. the medicine just takes the edge of my anxiety but it doesn't stop me from thinking every random bump, pain, pimple, bruise, blemish is cancer. every week it seems like something new and every time I have insane anxiety like I've been told I'm dying. I feel like I'm going to dye from it. the only thing that helps is a doctor telling me I'm fine. any tips? living like this sucks. especially when nothing serious has ever been wrong. I just can't convince myself I'm fine in the moment.
>>
hey try therapy

you're not mentally okay
>>
>>18094682
what kind of therapy. my shrink basically laughed when I told him what was wrong with me and said "what an old mental illness". I thought that was kind of odd. and he said there isn't much to help it. not a lot of people are affected by it.
>>
>>18094688
find a therapist that will help you

or just get over it with sheer force of will (this is how I excised anxiety from my life)
>>
>>18094694
that's what I've been doing these past few years. I've had this all my life. but every once and a while I will get a legitimate pain that freaks me the fuck out and can't be ignored. not too long ago I had and still have serious back pain. thought it was cancer. turned out to be degenerative disc disease. hard to to overcome the anxiety. what did you do?
>>
>>18094714
stopped drinking since it causes rebound anxiety once it depletes your GABA, and just had some constructive introspective moments. anxiety is generally pretty surface level introspection desu, I had to dig deep to figure out what my actual problem was. it's different for everyone.

think about anxiety like a pimple or cyst. the bad feels are the part you can pop or treat with medicine. it can get infected and hurt, like how your anxiety can bubble up and cause problems and influence your decisions. the visible, easily treatable, and most affecting part of a cyst or a pimple isn't what's causing it, it's just a symptom. with anxiety you have to get to the root and excise that shit. it's not easy and sometimes digging everything out can be more painful in the immediate now than the anxiety itself. but it's necessary for anything other than temporary relief
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.