[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ Approaching 4 years ago this month I made a few attempts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 183109.png (227KB, 1418x1138px) Image search: [Google]
183109.png
227KB, 1418x1138px
Hi /adv/

Approaching 4 years ago this month I made a few attempts to kill myself because I gave up on life. Since then I've been living off benefits and playing videogames as a way of escapism from real life. Throughout my whole life I've never really been interested in "living" or engaging in "real life" and I preferred to simply screw around a play in some form or another. I could drone on about it but today I received a letter through the mail asking me to attend a consultation to see if I'm fit to continue receiving money for my state of mind. Although on the surface I'm pretty okay, deep down inside I still have zero motivation or enthusiasm to get a job or make friends. I don't even enjoy eating/drinking and sleeping. Is there a term for this? This feeling of alienation and "not belonging" in real life?

At any rate, if I do come to a point where all the money being given to me gets cut and I have to get a job to continue affording pointless crap to stay alive, where do you think I should start? What kind of jobs can you do with very little/zero qualifications that pay at least enough to get by on but ideally a little more than that, that maybe include a lack of concern for oneself? I thought about joining the army but I doubt they'd let me in because of my past suicide attempts as well as the fact I'm fairly lazy and not sure if I could bring myself to do that much physical training.

Any ideas? I mean, I could just jump of a cliff but I'm trying to be more realistic this time around and actually give living normally a go. I've seen plenty of wussies make threads about wanting to kill themselves, and the people that respond usually say things like "Seeing as you've given up on life you could try helping out other people by doing <thing>". Those are the suggestions I'm looking for.
>>
>>18094511

how you considered trying to help out other people by doing <thing> ?
>>
>>18094511

First, get some qualifications. Go to the library and pick out a couple books. I reccomend "The One Thing" I cant remember the authors name. In the space between, get a job a a temp agency. Do something social, like a sport. Expand your social circle.
>>
>>18094518

Well yeah, but how do you "just" help people as a job?

>>18094523

sounds good
>>
>>18094537

look up any and all volunteer organizations near you, or go full force and join habitat for humanity or any other overseas program
>>
>>18094511
If you're so uncaring about your life, pick up a trade. Welding's especially strong to enter right now and plumbers, air conditioning/heating men and electricians are always gonna be high up there and they don't require much skill other than common sense and a desire to try. Welding would probably make the most money, but it has the worst effects on your health long-term for sure.
>>
>>18094791

What kind of effects? I did seriously look into it at one point but back then I had no funding. Right now I have £2000 sitting around so maybe now is the time to try again
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.