[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My driving instructor is a dick. He treated me like I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pobrane.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
My driving instructor is a dick. He treated me like I'm retarded and just fucked up my self-esteem .
Now I've finished the required driving hours and can't take the exam because he says I'm not prepared - which is by the way true.
My father let me drive at the very beginning of my driving lessons and I did just fine when I was relaxed. Now I fucking wonder if something's wrong with me, if I'm slow because I can't learn driving in 30 hours like others. My IQ is supposedly high and I did well at school at uni but it doesn't prevent me from feeling like I'm fucking retarded because if that guy.

I changed the instructor already (though the head of the driving school I talked took the guy's side and probably thought Im autistic or something as I had too low self-esteem after today's last drive to properly articulate my point of view).
>>
>>18094508
Sounds like you are not ready 100%

That insructor might be a dick for true, but if you're really ready it won't matter if he's being a dick or not, you should be able to drive like usual in that condition.
>>
>>18094508

Stop giving him power.Learn to deal with failure. It happens, so what? Pick yourself up and try again. As long as you can drive it doesn't matter what others think, so learn to drive.
>>
>>18094520
Yeah but he has been a dick to me during the entire course, that's why I didn't develop confidence in driving, but the opposite - which I think is my major problem right now.
I didn't say I'm ready, I would probably fail. It just sucks. Like is there something wrong with me? My dad says Im talented in driving lol. For me it would just suffice not to be below average.
>>
Siemano kurwa,

Same here although I've only been on the theory part or whatever and I'm just so scared I'll fuck something up it hurts
>>
>>18094531
It's possible that instructor was being a dick on purpose to test your mental fortitude, anon. Driving involve a lot of mental task too.

Learn to stop giving him power over you, steady your control on wheel and focus on the road.
>>
>>18094508
Take a few more hours with another instructor to see how it goes? Nobody will think you're autistic, shit like that must happen literally all the time. Besides, It's really too bad that he has been a dick but think about it that way: unless you live in a pretty small city you will be put into stressful situations because of traffic. People will be assholes with you and you can't lose your cool. You have to be confident and ready to drive and not put yourselves or others at risk.
>>
Practice with your family until you are ready. I failed the exam three times btw before finally passing. First time was absolute bullshit where the examiner was having a bad day or something and failed me for "driving in the parking lane" on a narrow as fuck side street. Second time I screwed up the parallel parking so that was on me. I took a few months to practice it more, and third time they had me do the three point turn on a hill, and since I was using a manual transmission I accidentally stalled it which is a fail. So I borrowed my grandmother's car which is an automatic and FINALLY passed.

Been driving three years now with no accidents, and I work as an EMT which requires me to drive an ambulance daily. If I can do it so can you.
>>
>>18094508
You sound like such a fucking moron. You L I T E R A L L Y have to press pedals and turn a wheel. Fucking morons I swear.
>>
>>18094598
Aside from your obvious trolling attempts, not everyone drives an automatic. Or have easy driving exams, for that matter.
>>18094552
I have a feeling that he also greatly restricted my driving, like grabbing the wheel or pressing pedals. The guy I talked to today said that it was likely necessary not to have an accident and it only looked like nothing would happen from my point of view, but I don't quite agree. When I asked the instructor why he intervened today he said something like "You're not certain in your movements". Well I might not appear certain and confident as he had been undermining it the whole time, but it doesn't matter I couldn't do the turn if he didn't interrupt me.
Well my remaining drives will be with a different guy, the same I talked to today. Perhaps he'll be a more human instructor and not a total ass.
>>
It sounds like you're possibly a nervous driver, it has nothing to do with not knowing what to do and everything with calming yourself down and making sure you have space on the road to make correct decisions in time. This can come with time and practice, there's nothing wrong with being conscientious, and is much better than simply not giving a shit.

I would absolutely change instructor as it seems there is no rapport or mutual respect between the two of you, which means you are putting extra pressure on yourself simply by being in the same space as him. Again there is nothing wrong with this. You will be ready for the test when you're ready, again, stop pressuring yourself as this will only hold you back further.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.