[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be last week >best friend's sister has complete mental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1301793954780.jpg (28KB, 180x229px) Image search: [Google]
1301793954780.jpg
28KB, 180x229px
>be last week
>best friend's sister has complete mental breakdown
>i'm talking writing unintelligible letters and wrapping them in 6 layers of tape crazy
>he's almost brought to tears to this
>entire family going through rough time
>try to support him as best as I can as she is now in some kind of enclosed mental hospital
Today I got a message from her asking me to be the "editor" for a book she's writing
I have no idea what to respond to this
I don't know if this is one of her shenanigans
I don't know whether or not I should talk to my friend about this, or how to even talk to him about it

What do
>>
talk to the friend so you know how to deal with it appropriately, and because it might be worth mentioning if mentioning it could help with her situation at all
>>
Edit book. Tell your friend you got a prestigious new job. Humoring the crazy lady isn't gonna hurt anybody. Guaranteed
>>
>>18094450
this is pretty serious to me
>>
>>18094438
I ve just been through this. Depending on the diagnosis treatment may last up to 3 months until the person recovers.
Sound a bit psychotic to me but only because i also had to deal with 'writing a book' part.
Talk to your friend. Support him. Metal illness is the most fucked up and traumatising experience.
The internet is full on guides and everything you need. And she will recover. It.s the same as being really sick physically.
You can answer her, try to be calm and supportive but don't play into her delusions. Encourage her to write her feelings and always try to get the crazy stories back to reality, because they stem from a reality that.s differently perceived.
Good luck and i hope all of you have the empathy to get through this and become stronger.
>>
>>18094462
i dont think anons idea is bad. what could go wrong? she will have something to focus on while shes in there, and all you have to do is proofread her writings. just dont get wrapped up in anything aside from the editorial process.
>>
>>18094438
Tell your friend and his family. Don't do anything with this without telling them first. Maybe her doctor can use this for some sort of treatment thing?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.