[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whose fault was this? This car infront of me and I were driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: kwcw3x6wdo24p8inljha.jpg (5KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
kwcw3x6wdo24p8inljha.jpg
5KB, 200x150px
Whose fault was this?

This car infront of me and I were driving at a moderate 40-50kms an hour, we are right at the intersection and she doesn't slow down.

The light turns yellow and and at the same time slams her breaks, I break hard too knowing I can't avoid this I swerve to the right and get a fender bender. A really small one, her car came out unscathed. We went to a collision reporting centre to report it and thats it. We exchanged information and have everything but her phone number. Auto insurance is mandatory where I live and if she files a claim my insurance will skyrocket. She didin't seem mad, I didin't have the chance to talk to her and it doesn't look like she's filed a claim yet because I'm sure she knows she would get 50% of the blame.

So in this scenario if she does file a claim, who gets 100% of the blame?
>>
99.8% her. At that speed and being right at the lights 3 or 4 cars could pass before the light turns red. However, it also depends on how close you were driving behind her. The book says you need to keep at least 3 to 4 seconds of room between each car to be able to break and come to a stop without hitting anyone even if the person in front of you is a paranoid jackass and breaks at the first sight of a yellow light. It all comes down to the report.

Look into a dashcam by the way, just in case this sort of thing happens again so you have the proof.
>>
>>18093898
Where I live, 100% you.
When you drive behind someone, you're responsible for keeping a certain distance from the car in front of you, which allows you to stop in case they brake suddenly. In case you don't, it's 100% your fault.
>>
>>18093898
By law - this isn't a case-by-case decision, but written into the law - it is ALWAYS the car in back's fault. You are presumed to have been driving too fast or too close if you couldn't avoid the accident.
>>
>>18094061
By any means wasn't following too closely, if she prepared to stop like normal people I'd have enough time.
She showed no sign of slowing down and I think she just "decided" oh shit I should stop. The dent on fender is going to be around 200-300 to fix. I'm not worried about that. Slightly less worried about getting a claim against me, just hope I don't get a call from insurance today

I contemplated to do some crazy shit infront of the police officer so he can't shoot me and make it easy on myself since this is my mom's car, which she's not pissed. I'm more worried about the car than my mom is
>>
>>18094167
You *were* following too closely if you didn't have enough space to stop. You have to be distant enough to stop in case they stop suddenly, in case of emergency.
It's your fault.
>>
>>18094061
yellow is not green
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.