[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a strange problem with a friend. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I'm having a strange problem with a friend.

I've known them for a few years now online only, but we seem to chat a lot, almost every day. She tells me things about her day as well as personal problems sometimes.

The problem is, she once sent me a few pictures of "herself" since I was curious about her. She even blocked out her face and I had no problem with it.
Later on I found out those pictures were actually some other random girl who seemed to have been posted a lot.

I may have some trust issues from my life experiences, and this seriously is hurting me, I thought she would trust me enough to show me pictures of herself, but she actually showed me pictures of a random girl with her face blocked.

A little more context here is necessary too, the girl she sent me shares her name, and from what I've been lead to believe, even shares the same birthday (this is seriously hurting thinking she even gave me a fake birthday).
So there's a good amount of similarities I guess that she would have used that girl. But from what I've gathered it's definitely not really her.

Do you think I should stop worrying about this? She's told me a lot of personal stuff already (which contradicts the fake persona she used) and I feel like she might even feel bad.
Should I simply never bring it up and wait for her to come out with it? She might feel like she dug herself too deep to say the truth now.

But in the end, I would rather prefer the truth, I just don't want to ruin the friendship.
>>
>>18093887

If you haven't seen pics of her body chances are she's ashamed of what lies beneath.

SHE COULD BE THE WHALE

AWOOGA NIGGA
>>
File: 1468471989987.jpg (57KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1468471989987.jpg
57KB, 500x666px
>>18093919
At this point in our friendship I really don't care about her body, she calls herself thick, I know she's not gonna be skinny as fuck since she eats snacks late nights. She's also told me her height and weight and well she's average really in terms of numbers.

What I don't want is her to continue lying about things like this. If she's lying about her appearance, what else could she lie about? It's really heartbreaking and wish I could find out what are truths and what are lies.
>>
>>18093936
Tell her you seriously want to talk to her, tell her what you just said.
She probably wants to imoress you and you not loosing interest, so the most important thing is telling her that you like her for who she is and everything else does not matter. Make sure you make her understand how valueable writing with her for you is.
Watch your words friend, easy to hit the wrong nail there.
>>
>>18093952
It just seems out of the blue at the moment. But sometimes she mentions her kik, which apparently "has her face on it" so next time that happens I can probably try this.

By the way, what worries me still is her old kik also had the fake persona as her picture, so really this kind of spans more than just me. It's just a mess I don't want to deal with, she's just genuinely a great person.
Talking to them for over 2 years almost every day is insane for an online friend, and it's just something I don't want to lose.
>>
Stop, drop, and fucking roll 360 degrees in the opposite direction.
>>
>>18094017
You know 360 degrees is the same direction, right?
>>
File: them feels bro.jpg (21KB, 560x516px) Image search: [Google]
them feels bro.jpg
21KB, 560x516px
Ditch her asap. What is her problem with showing her face anyways? Jesus Christ, I once got to know a girl via internet and she showed me her face voluntarily, even though she had almost no self-esteem and was a 6 at best.

The face tells a lot about the nature of someone, not in every case but in the most ones. Lying about such basic things is beyond my comprehension, and you feel rightfully hurt because she doesn't trust you an ounce.

And remember one thing: sharing personal (sob) stories can anybody. What matters is the emotional connection and depth when you share these. You provided information shows she hasn't even develped depth, let alone herself.

This friendship will lead to nowhere, and if you have self-respect you wouldn't tolerate this bullshit.

C'mon, what's the point of persuing this relation? We're men here, aren't we? There's no need to get that desperate. Believe me, there a better woman out there who are actually good looking. From you post alone, you make a sensitive, genuine and caring impression on me, and these are traits that many people actually lack. If you stand for yourself and know your self-worth then it's only a matter of time to get a quality woman, both optically and virtuously.
>>
>>18094012
>Talking to them for over 2 years almost every day is insane for an online friend, and it's just something I don't want to lose.
That makes it even more sad. TWO YEARS AND SHE'S STILL PARANOID AND/OR INSECURE TO GIVE AWAY HER LOOKS?
Whatever you see as great in her, it can't be for sure. Pardon my French here but that's fucking insane from her side.
>>
>>18093887

Did you send her some pics of yourself back?
>>
How do you know she's not the girl in the pictures?
>>
>>18093887
Aka her if she wants to video call or something, like with Skype, you can just propose it as a friendly thing, that way you avoid the awkwardness of actually bringing her looks up and can just see for yourself.
>>
>>18094187
Yes a few with face blocked since she also didn't seem to want to see me.

>>18094220
It was simply by chance, one day we were discussing middle names and I decided to search her first name and middle name.
That ended up leading me to a collection of the girl she was pretending to be.
At first I thought, "did I find her for real?" but then I realized some pictures depicted things that didn't make sense for her.
For one, she said she never had braces, though in a good amount of pictures this girl had braces at some point.
She also had the same picture framed in her room, which was the biggest hint honestly, it was the room that gave it all away, I don't want to get too specific though but yes I know for a fact that's not really the same girl I'm talking to.

>>18094140
>>18094149
One part of me wants to do this, but 2 years is something you can't just forget about. We did so much together even if it was online, the memories were as real as any, and I can't just forget that easily.
>>
File: JUST DO IT.png (307KB, 624x340px) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.png
307KB, 624x340px
>>18094704
One part of me wants to do this, but 2 years is something you can't just forget about. We did so much together even if it was online, the memories were as real as any, and I can't just forget that easily.
Of course not. Some acquaintances and friendships have a due date. The quantity doesn't equal the quality here. You are already invested to break up, that's the only sign you need.

You know, I usually advise people with heavy relation issues to break things off, because from my personal experience, it is more baggage than satisfaction. If the negative outweighs the positive, what are the odds that it might turn the other way around? Since we're talking about a human here we know the answer. See the positives when you don't have her:
>you have more alone time
>you have a good chance of reflecting your past friendship and learn from it
>this (hopefully) enables you to see what you truly want from someone, be it online or not

Negatives:
>you'll occasionally feel lonely

Neutral:
>you'll get used to the loneliness if you don't find someone soon

C'mon it's been two years. She's still incredibly distrustful and elusive to you. That's disrespectful from her. When I make friendships via internet and the friend is in proximity, then it's only a matter of time to meet up and get to know each other in person. Having an online only friendship would tear me apart. And I think it does the same to you, this is why you're so hurt.

You know what's good for you, just do it. It's not as painful as you make it out to be.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.