[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are you not considered a "young man" anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

When are you not considered a "young man" anymore?

I'm 23 and people still still call me that and say I have youth, my life ahead of me, etc.

So what actually is the determining factor?
>>
>>18093149
When you hit 30.

If you're talking to someone old, they might consider you young until 40.
>>
>>18093149
When you reach the age that you're happy to be considered young.
>>
>>18093149

as a general rule, anyone older than you is going to see you as younger. 80 year olds see 40 year olds and think they have so much left. its more of a hindsight thing. we all know what we left behind, none of us know what lies ahead.

that being said, you stop hearing it more when you hit thirty, and you stop hearing it altogether when you hit 40.

30 is a safe place to say you're not a 'young man' anymore, but i expect if trends keep going the way they do, that will change to 40 at some point. the definition of youth keeps moving up as we push off more and more traditional responsibilities like marriage and kids.
>>
1 to 18 = Teenager/Kid/Brat
19 to 29 = Young Adult
30-39 = Adult
40-49 = Adult/Middle-Aged
50-59 = Older Adult
60+ = Elder/Senior
>>
People talk about acting your age, but often your age is found in the way you act. You'll most likely stop being seen as a young man when you stop seeing yourself as one.
>>
>>18093186
When you get older you'll notice a lot of older people are pretty much the same was when they were in their late teens and early twenties. Sure around younger people they may act a little different but around people their age they'll let loose a little bit more.

You don't really change much over the course of your life after you've developed your personality in your late teens and early twenties. Sure some people change drastically to where it's noticeable but I really think for the most part people don't really change all that much.

t. 30 year old
>>
File: death calender.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
death calender.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>18093149
Here you go buddy.
>>
>>18093687
I think there is a theory that we perceive time logarithmically or something to that effect. You have a lot less time than those dots.
>>
>>18093149
A security guard once told me you're considered young after 24 when you die.
>>
>>18094100
Sounds like a matter of personal perspective.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.