[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got denied entry to my 'dream' college. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: college.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
I just got denied entry to my 'dream' college. I've missed many deadlines for applying to other colleges, but I got into an extremely expensive private university and I'm still awaiting the news for the other college. With my limited options I've considered taking a gap semester to work and then I'd go to uni next spring, but my mom is completely against this idea saying that it is a 'cop out'. Do you guys have any advice on what I should do?
>>
>>18093049
I also am unable to afford that expensive private university so that is not an option.
>>
>>18093049

I'd recommend this. Don't get in over your head at a University that costs too much. Debt is the killer and the main enemy.

Take a gap year, work, save money, learn things on your own time, then go to the Uni you want to go next Spring. A year off is nothing when it comes to Uni, too, so don't feel like you'll be too old or miss out on things either. You'll be fine.
>>
>>18093076
Yes thank you. This is what I want to do. My mother is the only problem here
>>
>>18093108
Fuck your mom, she only cares about her image (what she can brag about on Facebook) not what's actually best for you. My parents forced me to start college when I was so depressed I couldn't maintain basic hygiene. I ended up failing out and now we're thousands in debt.
>>
>>18093116
Parents are cunts bro. Thanks for the advice guys
>>
You should just go to community college for a semester or two, its cheap and you can earn credits while working and then transfer them to a real university when you get the chance. taking a gap semester is falling behind if anything you are delaying the inevitable
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.