[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of majoring in Electrical Engineering. what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: you're garbage.png (164KB, 652x493px) Image search: [Google]
you're garbage.png
164KB, 652x493px
I'm thinking of majoring in Electrical Engineering. what should I expect during college? Anything I should know beforehand?
>>
Depends a lot on the school. There's usually some math and physics courses you need to do and a lot of people struggle with this because it's more theoretical. So get ready for that, it's good to know physics and math if you want to be a decent engi, don't be a fucking retard and learn that shit.

>inb4 math/physics people start sperging out about how engineering math/physics is sooo easy

Also, don't ever think "I don't have the brains for X". It's usually math/physics, if you sit your ass down and study and work on the problems you'll learn it. You don't have the right to say shit like that at least until you're working on a phd and even then it's debatable, masters degree is just about being disciplined and studying. Sure there are some people to whom it comes naturaly but none of that shit can't be learned just with hard work.
>>
>>18093107
Alright thanks, the coursework seems to not very challenging. Is the job market doing fine?
>>
electrical engineers will always be in demand.
especially since robobobots are becoming more normal.
i'd probably get a computer science major tho. you can do a lot with a comp sci degree.
>>
>>18093159
Don't listen to anyone who tells you X will always be in demand.
>>
>>18093162
don't listen to anyone who tells you that a job that'll always be in demand wont always be in demand.
i'll give you 5 bucks if people still arent hiring elec-engis to do whatever mundane electrical shit they can't do themselves in the next 200 years. that or fixing the warp drive
>>
>>18093162
>implying humanity is going to ditch electricity in the next 2000 years
>>
Senior electrical engineer, expect to work your ass off. Last two years of school you will be miserable for 5-6 days a week minimum.
>>
>>18093171
what kind of work do you do in there. in the same boat as OP.
also are there any cute girls or is just a bunch of guys. if its just guys, are they cool dudes or lame dudes.
>>
As a senior you get to chose what classes you take, pretty much all the classes you take that aren't circuits related (which will be extremely abstract) will be heavy in calculus and differential equations. Surprisingly there are a fair amount of good looking girls in the Engineering building at my college but not alot of them are Electrical. Most of the normies do Mechanical because its the easiest and thats were you find the good looking girls.
>>
Theres a mix of people you'll like but its engineering, youll also meet some of the most cringe motherfuckers on the face of the earth. Im pretty quiet, most of the people I've met are from labs or group activities(even a few dates because of this lol)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.