[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wanting to get a dog for a long time. One option

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: gumball.png (18KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
gumball.png
18KB, 180x180px
I've been wanting to get a dog for a long time.

One option is to raise a puppy for a group that trains them to be service dogs later on- and if they fail puppy school, I have the option to keep it. Give them up around 18months usually

Or get a puppy or rescue from the shelter and train it myself to be my trustworthy hiking buddy
>>
Before you get a dog - any dog - do you have time for one? Because dogs aren't like cats - they require a lot more work. There's more to having a dog than just feeding it. They need walks and possibly even more importantly, attention.
>>
I'd say shelter, but it'd be highly preferable if they could tell you about the dog's background, anything bad that might have happened to it, etc. It'll help in raising/training if it's a young dog and over-all handling. Also could help in deciding which dog to adopt, taking on a larger breed who was beaten by a former owner for example, can be a very difficult and potentially dangerous task.
>>
>>18092320
>if they fail puppy school, I have the option to keep it

And if the puppy doesn't fail the training, you'll have to give it up? I'd say go with the latter option and avoid heart break over a small and cute hairy bastard.
>>
>>18092322
I have a lot of time. In the coming year, I may be put on 12hr shifts however my folks live 20mins away and would gladly take care of it while I'm at work since I"m living at home anymore
>>
>>18092331
What happens after that first year though? If you're not sure where you're going to go in the future, then maybe the first option would be better
>>
>>18092320
fuck that, dogs are expensive AF and shit. get nintendogs and then have 500$ spare and buy dope
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.