[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a job several months ago. It's my first ever one,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

I got a job several months ago. It's my first ever one, and it's a dishwashing position at Cheesecake Factory.
I enjoy the benefits and of course the heftier paycheck, but I'm slowly losing the drive of working here. I hate everyone here, I hate even looking at dishes, and I just about hate every day of my life. The only reason I'm still going is because I just can't afford to lose this job yet. I have way too much on the line to do that for now. I also see there's a chance at promotion...which is small, and there's three guys here who worked way past 5 years who still have dishwashing positions. Only one guy who worked 2 1/2 years got promoted, and he went to be a prep cook.
Can I go elsewhere after a few more months of working here or am I shit out of luck until the economy magically gets better (never)? I never went to college yet, but let's be honest, I don't know what plans to make there. I've heard horror stories about good students from there as well, so even if they passed and got amazing scores, they couldn't get jobs still.
>>
Have you told the head cook or your manager that you want to learn how to be a cook? I've only worked in independent restaurants so idk if cheesecake factory is somehow different but usually in a kitchen when a dishwasher expresses interest one of the cooks will like show you how to chop salads when there aren't a lot of dishes and eventually they'll move you over to prep. Just talk to people in the kitchen about it tomorrow.

As for moving to another job, yeah you could. For the most part washing dishes is washing dishes though.

t. former dishwasher
>>
>>18092094
Not quite yet, but my manager is kind of a dick. I always thought it'd be more demanding than just asking him about it. Honestly, unlike the washing crowd, the cooks are cool here.

Perhaps Monday, I'll ask him about it. That's a graveyard day in this neck of the woods.
>>
>>18092169
well your manager isn't a mind reader, people move in and out of culinary jobs all the time. Tell him you want to learn how to cook so you can eventually move up the line. You'll have to work more but its the only way to move up.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.