[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a socially acceptable way to not answer a question? There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What is a socially acceptable way to not answer a question? There are ways like "I'd rather not say" that WORK but I can't repeat it all the time... I don't want to do any weird aversion moves like
>Just answer with another question
>Look at them like it's a weird question
>Make an excuse to leave

I want to straight up say "Don't ask me" but that's not socially acceptable. I need to get away with not answering ANY questions again.
>>
>>18091757
Give them a half answer that's boring and they won't bother asking any further
>>
>>18091757
Have you tried lying? If someone asks what are you doing this weekend, why can't you just say "oh, I'll be watching some TV and catching up on some of my reading. I'll also be hanging out with sole friends on Saturday, and getting some drinks"
>>
>>18091757

Just use some generic non-answers like "I haven't thought about it". Obviously what works best depends on the question, but it's usually really easy to answer something without actually saying much.
>>
>>18091757
It depends on what the question is, who's asking it, and why they're asking it, don't you think?

Questions from nosy fucks that are simply prying into your life, you really have no obligation to even acknowledge that the question was asked.

If you just don't want to answer something that's innocuous small talk like the "hey so what do you have planned this weekend?" you just say "nothing special, trying to catch up on some things I need to do" and let it go at that. If pressed, "chores and stuff, why do you ask?"

All you really need to do is be secure in the knowledge that you don't have to disclose anything that you consider private, or that you simply don't want to. You don't need to get angry about it, you just refuse to accept that you owe the other person an answer simply because they're asking.
>>
whats the question that you dont want to answer?
>>
No words just thank you guys
>>
>>18091757
it depends on the context i guess. are you a politician?
>>
>>18091757

>>18091763
This.

>I need to get away with not answering ANY questions again

What happened anon?
>>
>>18091757
Why can't you repeat, "I'd rather not say?" Especially if it works?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.