[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I think my roommate might have depression. We're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1479266970894.jpg (51KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1479266970894.jpg
51KB, 540x429px
Hey guys I think my roommate might have depression.

We're not friends or anything but I feel bad for him. I tried talking to him when the school year first started in September but all of the conversations were shallow and anytime I said something of substance he didn't have any response. As far as I can tell, he doesn't talk to anyone on campus and stays in all weekend, every week.

Full disclosure: I don't want to be his friend. He is actually super weird. Only showers every 2-3 days. Wakes up early and sits at his desk on his phone with the lights out. Chews with his mouth open and smacks his lips together so I have to wear headphones if he's eating anything. Turns off the TV when I come back to the dorm, even if it's just sports on. He makes these odd noises a lot, almost as he's clearing his throat and saying something under his breath at the same time. He pisses all over the toilet seat so often that me and my other roommates keep a spray bottle of bleach right on top of the tank so we can clean it every time we have to go. He closes the door any time he enters the room. When he and I are both there, I feel uncomfortable/unable to relax. I actually dislike him.

Still, he seems really lonely and I've been through that, so is there any way I can help without becoming too close for comfort?
>>
simply put: I don't think so.

Kudos for you for trying to help him, but there are some people that just don't let themselves be helped

These are just my thoughts, tho
>>
First off, showering every second day is normal and healthy. Showering every day can be harsh on your skin and hair.

Second, it sounds like you have an obsession with him, and that he probably doesn't have a depression.

So my advice to you is to leave him alone, and perhaps seek professional help with your obsession.
>>
>>18090417
Wtf are you talking about?

You share a dorm room with someone, you notice their habits. Especially if those habits are gross and they almost never leave.
>>
>>18090439

What's with the aggressive tone? You asked for advice, and you got it. The first step to better your situation is by acknowledging the elephant in the room.

Good luck
>>
>>18090439
Have you mentioned any of this to him or mention how no one would appreciate that kind of style normally?

Some people know what they're doing and keep on it as a way to bother the others around them. What needs to be fixed is why he feels the need to treat everyone like an enemy.
>>
If you're in a dorm and you think it's serious, you could ask your dorm RA what to do. Warning though that your RA might intervene to get him counseling, and he might be pissed that someone talked about him and his problems. Or they might be more chill and just convince him to join some clubs on campus idk. What you're talking about might not be depression though? His habits might be from his upbringing or OCD or something else.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.