[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make friends online? I really love some fandoms specifically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 14355812954_378a2b6b48.jpg (39KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
14355812954_378a2b6b48.jpg
39KB, 300x400px
How do I make friends online? I really love some fandoms specifically, and would love to make online friends to talk to, and be pen pals almost. However, I find that, especially online, it is hard to escalate "someone who's tweets I reply to" to private messaging and talking casually.

I am not sure where to find people, and not sure how to escalate with people I do talk to. (I am literally autistic btw)
>>
>>18090349
It'd be good to have a format where longer chat can occur than what happens on twitter. You could try discords, tumblrs, or forums centered around your fandoms. Twitter is still possible if the person you want to be friends with isn't too famous or something. You could dm them to say how much you like their content and ask questions, like how they got into that show or if they have suggestions for what to similar anime watch etc. Some people won't reply and some will start talking to you. Keep messaging back if they seem interested, and over time you become friends.

You can also make friends on 4ch by joining fandom-specific threads, although you might run into some bad people here so be careful. I literally went into a general on /vg/, said I was lonely, someone gave me their email, and now we've been friends for a year.

Usually people like to talk about themselves, so just ask about their interests (without bombarding them with questions) and life (without getting too personal until you know them well). If they ask you questions about yourself, give more than a one word answer that keeps conversation going. You prob already knew that, but I'm socially inept and had to learn this.
>>
pls
>>
>>18090445
I am downloading discord now, I had no idea that it could be used to make friends as I thought that chats went very fast, so I am excited to give it a go. I'm pretty scared of using 4chan to make friends because as you say there are some very unpleasant people on here. I'm very surprised you made a good friend through here, although I'm sure many others do have success.

There have been a couple of people online who I tweet at alot, and they tweet at me alot, but whenever I message one of them they just... don't reply. One of them was tweeting about a very personal issues and seemed very upset. I private messaged them offering support, and they seemed very pleased with that, and we talked for a while about her issue. However, when she said she felt better, I said I thought she was cool and would love to chat with her more, and she basically just responded with "you're cool too!" and never replied to my private message. We still talk in public replies, but she seems to not want to become better friends, yet does not seem to dislike me. It's so confusing!
>>
>>18090485
A large discord is going to be more difficult to make friends on than a smaller one. And you might want to take up private messaging someone if you want to be closer friends even on discord. Some discords are so small that they notice and try to include every single new person who joins. Each server has it's own culture, so don't be disheartened if one doesn't suit you. I'd say not to dm without talking to someone publicly first though. Yeah don't use 4ch if it makes you uncomfortable. That was pure luck.

I had a person message me a bit like you're describing on twitter, and it just came down to not having much in common. I think the person is really cool and I like seeing his posts, but we can't keep a conversation going. Maybe that happened, or it could be that they'd talk to you more if you messaged again. Some people don't know how to initiate and take more work to become friends with. Obviously if they don't reply after a couple times, you should probably move on. Uh one other thing is that if you're the opposite gender of the person you're trying to talk to, they might think you're hitting on them and stop talking. Don't worry about it and try someone else. You can actually end up with too many friends lol.

I don't know how dead the site is currently, but I met some people by posting in forums on myanimelist too. (I'm assuming you're into anime by your op pic.)
>>
>>18090540
That really sounds like what happened with me and this person, what you just described. I guess its for the best! I always try to stick with people of my own gender, just because I know it can come across a certain way if I started seeking out guys to talk to online. I will definitely try MAL, I had no idea they even had forums!
>>
4chan is actually a good place to meet people with similar interests as you
it's just not a great place to actually discuss those interests
see if you can find "____ general" where the _____ is something you're interested in. talk to people there and ask if they have a discord or anything similar
What specifically do you like, anon?
>>
Sometimes that stuff )pen pal level friendships) only happens by chance. I have a decent amount of close friends that just kinda happened by chance because of a forum we all went to and things grew. And then friends introduce their friends to me and you meet more and more people, etc. Other friends came from tumblr or some were just random adds on FB.

But there's plenty of time I spent just posting casually on a forum or two and getting kinda nothing from it in the long run.

It's really hard to force friendships to just happen sadly. All you can really do is join social media and communities pertaining to your interests and just post a bit and maybe even take a risk and send a friend request.

One thing that seems pretty good is facebook groups.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.