[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my gf over one year is on my ass. When she is grumpy she silent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-02-27-17-03-46.png (540KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-27-17-03-46.png
540KB, 540x960px
So my gf over one year is on my ass.
When she is grumpy she silent treatments me and then gets pissy if I don't put up with her bitchy okays and shit for hour and a half because that is the person she wants. What I mostly do is just sit in silence and let her stew.

Is this something I should bite the dust on this one, people tell me it's reasonable? Or should I drop her?

On one hand I really like her and she is super fun but in the other cmon what the fuck
>>
>>18090320
She doesn't sound like a good partner, and it sounds like she's just trying to bring you down to her level. Find someone else who'll actually communicate in a mature way with you if she's not willing to change her way of interacting. (protip: she isn't going to change)
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 260x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 260x390px
DAN IS THAT YOU? JUST DUMP EMA DUDE IDGAF JUST DO IT

My bad if this is not dan the man stan
>>
>>18090521

It ain't Dan the man, sorry bro.

>>18090481
This seems logical, anyone else?
>>
>>18090320
Talk to her about it whenever the situation is neutral or at least a little positive, without laughing or anything. I mysef have a gf of 4 years that acts this way and is also fun etc but I didn't seethe red flags early and I am this close of ending it, like waiting for when it gets worse to make sure I do or some dumb shit, maybe I should.

But this isn't about me, it's about you. Don't be like me anon, think of these things before going further down your relationship. If your goal is marriage ask yourself if you would stand a wife like that throws hissy fits like you describe, maybe you'd want to have kids; what if they end up emulating her? Think of these things ahead.
>>
>>18090481
Seconded.

A good partner wants to elevate you, not control you through negativity.
>>
What everyone is saying, been with a girl 2.5 years now and she was like that in the beginning, after months of trying to force her to communicate properly I decided to leave her, once she realized what was at stake she cleaned her act up and communicates great now. Maybe try the same
>>
>>18090320
Giving someone the "silent treatment" is calld "stonewalling," and it is a big big no-no in relationships. Mathematician and relationship expert John Gottman has written about this problem and how to solve it. I would recommend consulting some of his work for ideas on how to address this behavior.

At the end of the day, anon, you get to decide what you will and will not tolerate. We are all human. We all have good days and bad. Ask your gf to stop stonewalling and take it from there.
>>
Your best bet is to sit her down when you're on good terms with each other and tell her that you want to address something. Every now and then she seems to shut you out and you feel like the way you handle it now seems to frustrate her. Ask her what she expects/needs for you to do when she gets like this. If she goes all hissy and tells you that you should support her unconditionally or whatever, point out that it's a matter of self respect to not take this behavior from your significant other.

And who knows, maybe she stills you to leave her alone and give her some space, or to try to break her resolve with a little joke or something. Depends on how well she knows herself.

Or you can decide that you're done with her shit and leave. That's up to you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.