[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting to foresee issues dealing with a coworker, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1486366272558.jpg (75KB, 540x428px) Image search: [Google]
1486366272558.jpg
75KB, 540x428px
Starting to foresee issues dealing with a coworker, and I'm not sure how to handle it. We have the same IT position, and work together at times. He's sociable and honestly not that bad of a guy, he's just super catty and talks behind people's backs a lot. His work ethic is poor and we usually have to either go back to fix it or baby-sit him to get him working. Between that and him faking interest in work, it's a bit annoying.

He and I are both possible choices for a new position which has extremely great benefits, and I feel this air of tension and competition between us. He'll always do minor things like exclude me from/shut down my conversations, I'll work remotely near him and he'll try to subtly get me to leave, and the like.

How do I handle someone like that? He doesnt seem to like working here, but he's sticking it out for that possible position. Should i just ignore his cattiness, or should I gossip back? Any certain things to try/not try?
>>
>being shooed away
"fuck off, some of us have to pick up your slack"
done
>>
>>18090310
Don't be a little turd like he is. If his gossip and pissy behavior only extends to you, and your immediate coworkers, then tough it out. He's only doing it to push your buttons, and it shouldn't have any bearing on your performance.

Next time he pulls something, challenge him. He wants you to leave, just be like "Well, I just got here, so no."
>>
>>18090310
If he can't clean up his own mess let the supervisor or whoever know that. And that you're doing all the work. Everytime you have to clean up after him let your boss know.
>>
>>18090310
I wonder if there would be a way for you to gauge whether his behavior has put him on his superiors' radars in a negative way. If so then really focus on your work giving it a little extra. This vs. his apparent poor work ethic will help you get the promotion. (Probably, sometimes hard work goes unnoticed.)
>>
>>18090348
Change "some of us" to either "we" or "I"
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.