[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been friends with this guy online for about 2 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1402321270237.jpg (159KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1402321270237.jpg
159KB, 746x982px
I've been friends with this guy online for about 2 years now. He's an aspiring female and prefers to be called by a female name, I actually had to find out what his real name was via Facebook and it pissed him off when I mentioned it to him. He's 19, homeschooled, is lazy, unmotivated, a fat fetishist (he is very fat), furry, and by the sounds of it his parents are hard on him. Usually I'd loathe this kind of person but we're pretty tight, even though I disagree with him wanting to transition.

He wants to order HRT pills online and I think its a horrible fucking idea, mainly because he's acknowledged that it could get him potentially thrown out of the house. He also claims that seeing himself as a male in the mirror makes him want to kill himself and that he's not happy as his current gender/appearance. Not only that, but I don't think transitioning will get him the desired appearance and be the last nail in the coffin for him killing himself. I guess I'm biased because I think transitioning is a foolish idea because trans people will never be fully accepted in society and just exist in that liminal realm of "once male, not entirely female" or vice versa, especially if they don't pull off the look well. Put bluntly, I think you're the gender you're born as. I'd recommend he get therapy just to be SURE he wants to go through with it, but I don't think he's even mentioned his condition to his parents as they might throw him out of the house.

I dunno call me a bigoted asshole or whatever, I'm just worried about my friend and don't know what to do.
>>
>>18090007
he sounds like a fucking disaster. i'd let his parents know what's going on with him, they might be hard on him but it sounds like that might be what he needs if he's going to start taking sketchy pills.
>>
Sounds like he needs to pull the rest of his life together before he starts to even consider a hormone treatment
>>
File: IMG_20160612_115348.jpg (1MB, 2038x2745px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160612_115348.jpg
1MB, 2038x2745px
>>18090007
Why do you need to do anything again? This is not for you to fix.
>>
>>18090020
He lives in Maryland, I only know him online

>>18090026
I know its not for me to fix but he's a good friend of mine and I want him and his life to be alright. I just don't think him wanting to be a female/taking HRT is going to make him happy and do quite the opposite for him.
>>
>>18090007

>trans people will never be fully accepted in society

maybe they will, but in case of your friend, it sounds like changing gender is just a method to escape from current situation. 'Once i'm a girl, everything will be different' kind of logic.

It will only make him miserable. You should convince him to see psychologist first. If necessary sell the idea to him through another possible benefit, for example: a professional could offer guidance with the transition or assess the health risks.

There isn't much you can do, especially over long distance. If he doesn't want advice or help, you can't change his path.

Don't feel guilty over something you can't influence, also: sometimes people have to hit their lowest point, in order to really start changing.
>>
>>18090007
You are not a bigot, but you are not being a good friend. Friends support each other, even when they make decisions that they don't agree with. If you feel that strongly, end the friendship. Your friend is just being who he is. You should let him do that.
>>
>>18090007
I don't think the issue is that he wants to 'transition.' At least not for me- I think that's something that will become widely accepted, and honestly idgaf what people do to their dicks as long as they're careful and it's not on a whim/for the wrong reasons.

The issue is; this dude lives a miserable life. It's doubtful transitioning would fix ANY of his misery- there is no special key to enjoying life, and that's what he's made this out to be. This pinnacle, that if it can juuuust be reached, he'll be happy. No, he'll still be fat, lazy and unmotivated, but with a higher voice and actual tits and not man-tits. I think the realization that nothing has improved + the legit crazies you get from hormones, very well could push his ass over the edge. If he wants so badly to transition, tell his lazy ass to go about it the right way. Get his mental state and health in order, and talk to doctors and therapists. My guess is, he won't fucking do it. Whereas an actual trans person who's not retarded would put in the time, effort, and precautions.
>>
>>18090007
Tell him to loose some weight. Life as an obese male is easier than an obese female.
Though I'm not gonna lie, fatties are pretty disgusting. I mean people make it a touchy issue, but it is litterally only their fault, weight is one of the biggest reflections of health, both physical and mental.

But as this anon said >>18090093 he is probably just inclined that way because he's under the impression being female will change what people think of him. When in reality his shitty lifestyle is what is driving people away.
To tell you the truth I don't understand how people actually get fat, I mean it really doesn't require that much effort to do a little exersize and maybe not eat shitty fatty deep fryed foods every day.

>I highly suggest you recommend he does something about his weight before making rash decisions, like fucking up his body.
>tell him, as a friend you worry his weight will cut his life short.
>obesity is a bigger burden on our health system than tobacco and alcohol combined
>>
I think you should advise him to see a mental therapist.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.