[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see this "BPD" label thrown everywhere. Articles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

I see this "BPD" label thrown everywhere.
Articles talking about how you need to be careful with people who have Borderline and treat them better.
What is this bullshit? How exactly is this not an excuse for being a cunt? Cheating, blackmail, etc. because of a disease? Come on. We have people who are suicidal, depressed and bipolar and most do not do any of this shit.

Some woman cut her husband's dick off because she was scared he would abandon her? Some woman felt invalidated so she called rape?
How exactly is this not about loose morals and a shitty personality, but more about a "disease"? I don't understand it. Does someone care to explain? Should we make any excuses for such people? Is harmful behavior okay because it is a "disease"? Just looking to expand my knowledge on this scary, awful phenomena.
All of us feel abandoned, depressed and suicidal, but we don't actively find people to "troll" and make more misearable and break their hearts for no reason?
>>
>>18089565
I don't think you understand BPD
>>
>>18089573
I would not be here if I did understand it. It's very blurry and obscured online. I do not understand mainly where shitty behavior starts and BPD ends? I am not calling anyone a cunt here, maybe someone with BPD was misdiagnosed and was actually bipolar. I just do not understand the lines between "sick", "with loose morals" and healthy in this diagnosis?

Say I go out and find a girl and absolutely break her emotionally by previously making her trust me. Do I have BPD? Or am I just a healthy dirtbag? What if I self harm and hurt people because it's fun? Is that BPD?
I just really want to understand.
>>
>>18089582
It just depends on the motives behind the actions. If they are due to severe mental trauma from childhood (abuse, abandonment etc) then it's BPD, if it's just for fun then the person may be psychopathic.
>>
Labels are generally society's attempt to simplify, generalize, and understand the unfathomable.

Someday bipolar and schizo will be remnants when it turns out to be something infinitely more complex. Brain chemistry is complicated and involves a large network of pathways that are intricately intertwined. In the future people will have unique genetic identifiers that describe and even predict their behavior.
>>
>>18089565
You're right it's complete bullshit OP. I feel the same way everytime I see it mentioned. About as /x/-tier as vibrational energy crystals and candidiasis.
>>
>>18089609
For people who are unaware or incapable of changing/hiding their behavior, genetic identifiers aren't necessary to predict their behavior. For example, short-tempered people tend to remain short-tempered throughout their lives and lazy people tend to remain lazy regardless of the change in their circumstances.
>>
>>18089565
>9565▶>>18089573 >>18090377
>I see this "BPD" label thrown everywhere.
Personality disorders are not diseases. They're basically really really bad habits, which are so distinct and predictable that the people who work with them gave them nicknames.
>>
Not sure if this is dumb, but sometimes I wonder how much free will people have. We are born with 'x' traits predestined in a sense by 'y' genes and are nurtured by 'z' environment.

Then we have this theory of mind that seems unsure of itself in respect to whether or not people are pre-programmed to make a specific set of choices and learn from them (or not) based on a combination of x,y,z factors.

For example Kid A has the same traits & genes as Kid B and is identical in every way but is raised differently. Both have opportunity to fuck around with drugs and both will always choose to do so (for the sake of argument) but Kid A learns to stay off drugs due to nurturing environment while Kid B always succumbs to it totally.

I know this maybe erases any sense of personal responsibility and makes it hard to really blame people for their actions, but I do wonder about it.

I dont think that "wrong" actions are made acceptable or okay at all, or that its so simple to just forgive someone for their crimes even with a complete knowledge (database of all genetic factors) to compare them to. It's never going to be that simple or easy, I guess.
>>
BDP is a manmade construct that describes a certain group of behaviours. It isn't actually real. It's a category. It's not like strep throat where you can identify a virus. It's just something that is convenient to handle certain people. Does that make sense? It's like drawing the line between a creek and a river. It's all water, but humans came up with terms to differentiate the two for ease of communication.
>>
>>18089565
Youre not getting it.

BPD is real.

There are people who dont have BPD who are cheaters and cunts but borderline is different.

With borderline a person is "borderline" (hence the name) with psychotic. These are people who will destroy your entire life to get what they want. They possess you.

It can even be detected by a blood test. Low blood lithium levels will be a telltale sign.
>>
>>18091007
Not true. See>>18091014

A biochemistry test can indeed point to borderline.

What OP (and you) hasnt learned is some people have borderline and some people are just asshats.
>>
>>18090964
Not so man.

Theres a fine line. I have adhd. My nonepinephrine levels are lower than average and my prefrontal cortex lags.

When i take adderall i become calm and collected and my brain stops flying off in every which direction because my neurology differences accept it differentlt. When someone without adhd takes adderall they get high. Its a party drug.

Then some people are lazy and dont censor themselves. Psychology is very well understood. But its true for some its an actual physical and chemical problem and for others its poor upbringing and attitude.

Thats what makes it tricky.
>>
>>18091017
Source?
>>
>>18091042
Do your own research faggot. You sound like a little bitch who just got screwedover or something. Let me tell you this, people like you deserve to be taken advantage of.
Look at the bright side though, you could always killyourself.
>>
>>18091042
>>18091774

Also known as, "I don't have one and instead pulled that info out of my ass, please do the legwork in my argument for me"
>>
I've never met anyone with a legit mental illness, just people that commit to bad decisions and habits with no will power to change them.

My doc diagnosed me as depressed, and told me I'd be on pills for the rest of my life. He's absolutely wrong, and if he can toss that diagnosis on me, lord knows what someone who is convinced they have something could get away with.
>>
>>18091938
New doc said the same thing to me after just a couple weeks.

I noped the fuck out and never look back, fucka prescribed me anti seizure meds for bipolar...i swear they just make this shit up for profit
>>
>>18091959
Legit day 1 diagnosis for me.

Went in for back pain, came out with arthritis & depression meds.

ended up snorting most the depression meds, and never got any of my refills.

I'm in a better place now.
>>
>>18092035
>ended up snorting most the depression meds
How did it work out?
>>
>>18092053
Nose burned like hell, and I stayed up late on weekends playing competitive online games with max concentration.
>>
>>18092063
What type of meds?
>>
>>18092066
Prescribed Buproprion or something like that, and I was getting Ritalin from my friend, so both of those.

I made some changes in my life and haven't looked back since.

I probably was depressed at the time, but not a clinical life long depression type of shit.
>>
>>18092075
Thanks
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.