[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I do good in college? I got a 2.5 GPA in high school mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 104.png (210KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
104.png
210KB, 640x480px
How do I do good in college?
I got a 2.5 GPA in high school mostly due to being unorganized and lazy
Im going to Montclair state in the fall and I want to get a good GPA (3.7+) so I can transfer to a more elite school the year after (thinking of USC since they accept a lot of transfers)
I know I'm gonna have to get my shit together quick if I want this to happen.
I think my main problems are organization right now. Im in my senior year of HS and I'm coasting through with a C average. I stuff all my papers in my backpack and hand in assignments late often. I know that a lot of kids do this in senior year but I have to stop this shit quick if I want to do good in college. I don't want to waste a ton of money on classes just to flunk out.
Am I gonna get a lot of papers at a uni or is it all digital now. If it's digital than it won't be as big of a problem
>>
>>18088977
If you're lazy, don't go to college. If you're lazy, and your college tuition is expensive and or you're taking out loans, especially don't go to college.

I've been in community college for 4-5 years half-time. I'm a lazy sack of shit, and I have bought into 'sunken cost' fallacy. I'm gonna transfer this fall to a state university and be done with it. If I could do it all over, I would've done something else with the amount of cumulative time I've put into college -- which is a lot.

As per your question: no. You don't get hand-outs in college as a generality, but every instructor is different. I've had instructors who haven't gone 'digital' i.e. they're old fossils, and their classes were a pain in the ass.

There's a big downside to going digital in college. The publishing companies are running a big racket and swindle you with their digital e-book and grading shit. You have to spend like $150 on a license fee to do, say, your Math class, which is just pure bullshit. I've heard instructors say that they know it's bullshit, but it's coming from the top, so everyone just has to accept the financial rape.
>>
>>18088977
go to every class
understand the material
hand in every assignment

you will get a 4.0 easily
>>
>>18089101
Should I try to get Adderall?
I used that for my ACT and I did better than I expected
>>
>>18089101
Do I have to take notes?
How long should I spend studying
How much homework should I get?
U gotta give me more info
>>
>>18089109
As a general rule of thumb for life, don't ever become co-dependant on something or someone. That goes for adderall.

If you're having issues with focusing, adderall won't change that. It's an inherent character flaw you have within yourself. No pill is going to change that. Don't end up as one of those people who take adderallin an attempt to focus and do better in school. You're going to end up fucking your mind up and depressed and having to slug through an incredibly painful period when you decide to come off of it, that is of course if you're able to.

You don't need a pill. You sound like you're lazy and disorganized af. Start getting organized and giving a shit for your last bit this semester and get back on that path you need to.
>>
>>18088977
Your college should have an academic advisor to guide you in your studies. Tell this person about your issues and ask for help. If your advisor is willing or able, schedule regular meetings to monitor your progress. Explain that you have the ambition, but lack discipline.
>>
>>18089174
Fuck I never thought of that I gotta do that
>>
>>18089159
Yes

About an hour per class, do all the readings.
>>
>>18089109
There's some YouTube videos about "how to be a topper” you can watch. Basically you're going to have to develop lifestyle habits that revolve around studying and it's gonna suck until you get those locked down
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.