[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm old and I'm stuck in life and things don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1021.jpg (315KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1021.jpg
315KB, 1280x853px
I'm old and I'm stuck in life and things don't seem to be moving anywhere for me. I can't seem to get my life started.

I'm 26 and still live at home and even ask my parents for money. And it's embarrassing and shameful.

The thing is, all my life I have tried doing what is expected of me and tried to follow the "right" path, but it never lead to anything good.

I worked hard for years to receive a degree that would get me a job. I come from a poor family. I received two excellent job offers that would have turned my life around. I was head over heels. I accepted one of them. Then a few days before the start date of the job they canceled on me. Now I'm emotionally and physically broken and I don't know what to do. it's been over a year and half since I got my degree and the last 6 months were spent getting these two jobs that ended up not leading to anywhere. It's been a month since the job offer was cancelled and I haven't been able to recover. I'm fucked due to the huge gap of employment on my resume.

I have no money, nothing to put on my resume, and forgot a lot of what I learned. I'm so crushed by the last minute rejection I don't have he confidence to go through any more interviews. I feel ashamed and like I let my parents down. i think about killing myself often and can't sleep at night.

What do I do?
>>
>I'm fucked due to the huge gap of employment on my resume.
that's not a thing
>>
>>18088660

It so definitely is a thing. How is it not?

I don't know what degree you have but with mine(business) it's a huge issue. Employers expect you to have pre graduation internships. Internships that I wasn't able to receive. My highly ethnic Hispanic name may have been an issue.

I mostly spent most of the time of my schooling participating in extracurricular to boost my resume and flipping random shit on Craigslist for money to afford book and gas. If I worked they would cancel my school aid and I would be fucked with tuition I couldn't afford as my parents weren't able to help.

When it was time to get internships I applied to almost any internship program but wasn't able to secure anything so I'm lacking in work experience.

A lot of recent graduate programs have a rule that only let you apply if you have been out of school for less than 6 months. So I'm fucked in multiple ways.
>>
Keep applying. Don't stop. I know it's hard. But you can't stop.
>>
>>18088709

I feel like a fraud. I feel like a huge failure and i'm having difficultly just applying because of how much of a failure loser I feel like.

I don't even remember some of the things I studied anymore. I'm trying to keep applying like you said anon, but I just can't work up the motivation.

I spent a year and a half applying and got something out of it and it was taken from me.
>>
File: noway!.jpg (134KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
noway!.jpg
134KB, 2000x1000px
>>18088653
Welcome to quarterlife crisis.
>>
>>18088892

I've been having a quarter life crisis for a while but at least before I was "making it" and doing something by getting a job

Now I got nothing
>>
>>18088758
So give them a bad review on Glassdoor.

But man you just gotta power through this shit man. Sell yourself.

>My highly ethnic Hispanic name may have been an issue
This may have been the case but ask yourself this: do you really think hr would let you jump through so many hoops just to purposely reject you later on?
Also, your ethnic background should help you find a job. Almost every company is trying to fill diversity requirements and guess what? Your ethnic background fulfills that!

Just keep your head high and keep applying. If you're not applying to at least 10 jobs per day then you're not even trying.
>>
>>18088653
You need to keep applying to jobs. A year and a half gap in your resume isn't a big deal since you graduated less than two years ago.

Instead of feeling rejected, think of it this way: you received offers from two separate companies. That means you're wanted. That means there are probably other companies out there who will want to hire you. But they will only know about you if you apply to them.

A similar thing happened to a coworker of mine. She received a job offer on the other side of the country, and after she moved to the new place, the position was cancelled. She was stuck in a different city with all her things and no job. But she didn't give up, because she needed to survive. Now imagine yourself in that position. What would you do? You need to feel that urgency of finding a job. Think of how drastically it can improve your life. Besides, the longer you wait, the bigger your gap in employment will grow and the less motivated you will become.

You can start by setting a goal of applying a certain amount of companies every day. And if that doesn't work out well, look for ways you can make yourself more employable, whether it be doing an internship, a related job, side projects, etc. Doing anything to improve your employability is better than doing nothing.

I know it's a tough situation but you can get through it. Godspeed anon!
>>
>>18089047
>>18089100

Thank you for the kind words. It's posts like this that I come to /adv/ for

I guess I don't feel the urgency enough and need to get to it. Motivation is a bitch, especially when you suffer from insomnia and crippling depression.
>>
I am old as fuck but I remember. Life is odd in that it always seems to test you in the beginning. As soon as you put your mind to do something all this shit comes out to test you.

You got tested. You got a job offer only to have it snatched away from you. That is rough on the psyche and would demotivate anyone. Dont let the demons get you down. Dont lose your motivation, as that is literally the engine that drives you through life. Our motivation (DESIRE) and our imagination (CREATION) are our spiritual gifts. Lose either of those two and you are truly fucked and I mean truly. You will be a slave. Lots of slaves out there in shitty situations with no motivation to change and no ability to imagine anything better. For those with ears to hear.

I would love to have some free time like you have! Practice gratitude toward your parents for being there. Thanks them! Use this free time to work on yourself and repair your confidence and self esteem. Download a copy of Think and Grow Rich. The book is old as fuck and free on the internet. Read it and follow the exercises. Put it to the test. OK, mr Napoleon Hill you say I can use my mind to get what I want - PROVE IT!

Then do the exercises. You will feel silly and stupid and your mind will tell you how silly and stupid you are but do it anyway. You will be exercising your imagination and your motivation. Don't tell anyone you are doing this. Keep your dreams and your efforts to yourself.

If you felt a spark of motivation reading this then I suggest you act quickly. Google the book in pdf form. Do it now. If you dont do it right now you likely never will.
>>
Any good with speadsheets?

Data entry jobs bro - minimal experience required and semi decent pay.
>>
>>18089261
>I am old as fuck but I remember. Life is odd in that it always seems to test you in the beginning. As soon as you put your mind to do something all this shit comes out to test you.

That's the thing. It seems everything I do..I never get lucky and gave everything work out. Not once.

It's depressing spending 6 years on a degree only to feel like you wasted it all and it was useless

No one wants me and it hurts

I will keep applying
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.