[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smashed the shit out of my thumb half an hour ago while hammering,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Smashed the shit out of my thumb half an hour ago while hammering, my nail is beginning to turn purple and I still have a dent in my thumb. Anything I can do now to mitigate pain/swelling in the next few days?
>>
>>18087606
masturbate
>>
Ice

Also, if it's too swollen, you can drill a small whole on your nail to drain the blood out (seriously)
>>
Cold and compression.

>you can drill a small whole on your nail to drain the blood out (seriously)
This might be necessary to avoid the nail popping off your thumb if it swells too much.
>>
>>18087606
600 mg ibuprofen, give it eh about 20 mins. don't cut it, let it grow out and only cut the top part of your nail or else it will never grow back. give it 8 months for the whole nail to grow back.
>>
Scotch
>>
>>18087619
Or simply burn a hole, the pain goes away immediately. Procedure itself is painless. I've had this done once. The blood under your nail will come out in high pressure.
http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/how-to-drain-blood-from-under-a-nail
>>
happened to me a couple years ago, smashed my finger in a door when the window was open. i was in pretty bad pain for a while but managed. it still throbbed and was in constant pain for about a week before i gave up and went to the ER. Basically they used a needle to drain the fluid. my nail came off like 3 weeks later. it's a shitty process and i hope you dont have to do it but i don't know if i would go drilling any holes in it myself.. my nail was completely purple for a few weeks before eventually (and slowly) coming off. since it's probably your non-dom thumb then maybe go to the doctor's tomorrow or ER today if you don't mind the wait or the bill.
>>
>>18087619
My grandma told me once that my grandpa had to do this with a hammer and nail one time.

Good luck op
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.