[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is probably just a weird coincidence, and it doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1212870864484.gif (205KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1212870864484.gif
205KB, 250x191px
I know this is probably just a weird coincidence, and it doesn't mean anything, but it's odd enough that it's been bugging me all day, and now I turn to all of you to tell me that it doesn't mean anything.

This morning, at work, I found out that some seemingly random person had accessed my company email account and had sent and received a few emails over the weekend. After contacting our IT department, I was told that it was accessed by someone at one of our company's other locations in a town called McAllen in Texas, whereas I'm based in Portland, OR. He said it was probably just a weird wire cross/glitch in Outlook and he must have gotten logged into my account by mistake, no big deal.

While I was talking to IT, I got a phone call with an area code from my hometown in Southern California, which I ignored because I was busy and didn't recognize the number. Some time later, I did a Google search for the number to see who it was that had called me. It was the number for a local bicycle repair shop I had never heard of, run by a guy whose name sounded vaguely familiar. So I searched that guy's name in Google, and found out that someone with that exact same name died seven years ago in the town of McAllen, Texas.

I know it's all a weird coincidence, but I needed to share that with someone, and I have no friends. So feel free to call me a faggot or whatever; or what's more likely to happen, ignore the thread entirely, since I'm not a teenager with girl problems.
>>
>>18087538
Have IT record the error to ensure a paper trail in the event of identity theft or misuse.

You know just in case.
>>
>>18087538
why, that seems logical. I mean, people in one area share some common traits and thus are more likely to act similar. So that implies that it's more likely to find two people with the same name in the same city, than in two completely different ones. Also, the last name spreads with the family and the family likely stay mostly in one place.

Also, nice story. million times better than that "how to talk to that girl/boy" spam here
>>
>>18087547
IT probably had to open a ticket for it.
>>
>>18087562
No kidding. I have a friend who regularly comes across obituaries for someone with his name living within 50km. McAllen, TX sounds like one of those places.
>>
Pretty spooky, OP. You have to investigate further. Probably some crazy coincidence but there is no reason not to. Keep us updated.
>>
>>18087538
is it possible its a family owned business or theres more than one person with that name
>>
>>18087538
also he probably called to explain the issue about the emails
>>
>>18087538
Keep your own records of these things. Someone with access to your email is not a good thing.

Phone call is odd. Again, keep records, date, time, number, etc.

Not to be paranoid, but you just don't know where all this might go.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.