[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if this is a retarded idea, but anyone taken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1480994110440.png (687KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
1480994110440.png
687KB, 1024x512px
I'm not sure if this is a retarded idea, but anyone taken up vaping for the neurological benefits? I figure with (relatively) careful control and cycling of nicotine dosages, wouldn't it be beneficial for mental cognition, depression, parkinsons, etc?

I figure I don't have an addictive personality so I guess I would be on the lower end of the risk spectrum...
>>
you can't ingest nicotine and not get addicted to it
buy a stress ball if you want something to distract you, it's much cheaper and doesn't make you look like a douche
>>
>>18087278
this isn't one of the things that are "habit-forming," this is a physical dependence like caffeine and opiates.
>>
>>18087278
Real men don't vape. They snuff tobacco.
>>
>>18087278
I've heard in the past of non smokers using nicotine gum as a bit of a pick-me-up, so I guess it could work with vaping.

>I figure I don't have an addictive personality so I guess I would be on the lower end of the risk spectrum...
Now, I happen to know a thing or two about addiction. One thing I can tell you for absolute certain is that no addict, regardless of what their drug of choice may be, goes in to it thinking they'll become an addict. Every last one of us goes in with the exact same approach that you have - we're clever, it won't happen to us, we know how to beat the system, other people get hooked but we won't.
>>
>>18087278
I do this, however im addicted completely full blown addicted. It really helps with stress as a college student and does help neurologically as for studying and focus, but you will get hooked. You'll keep wanting the mental clarity.
>>
>>18087388
how would you compare it to caffeine? Both in mental clarity and addicitivity I guess
>>
I used to smoke for my psyche. I never got addicted as I don't get addicted to anything (once I got what I needed from smoking, I quit the very next day)
But yeah, it CAN help if you can control yourself. I used to take out my bike and pack of smokes during the times I got real bad. I can say, without a shade of doubt in my mind, that those couple smokes a day during the worse moments cured me of my suicidal tendencies and while I'm still depressed, it's for other reasons and I'm not wishing my death anymore.
No medicine and counsel helped me as smoking did.
>>
>>18087392
I handle caffeine very well and caffeine makes me a miracle worker. I'd say caffeine is better but nicotine alows you to reset and get back to work in a better mindset.
>>
>>18087278
Nicotine, and cafine are the most common, but not your best option for deperssion, parkinsons, cognition. I would suggest investigating nootropics. These drugs treat cognitive or motor function difficulties attributable to disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, ect..
>>
Pop an adderall instead
>>
>>18087302
>Stress ball doesn't make you look like a douche

This guy is lame, don't listen to him OP.

I use nicotine for depression/anxiety and it does take some discipline. You CAN get addicted to the vape nicotine, but not nearly as much as a cigarette can hook you.

Nicotine is about as addictive as caffeine in it's pure form, which is in the vape juice. Using it moderately won't leave you craving it nearly as much as you would cigarettes.

I had a bad habit of chain vaping which led me to constantly have too high nicotine levels which triggered anxiety, especially when stoned. I went cold turkey for 24 hours to detox the nicotine then I reset my habits.

I use 3MG juice in my vape I order from bluedotvapors.com This is a good dose because it's not too light that you have to take 10+ hits. I take 2-5 hits max every 2-3 hours. This, for me, is the perfect dose. I make sure I don't over-use it so I don't get too hooked on it. Usually when I get out of work at 3:30 I don't use it for the rest of the day, maybe 1-2 extra hits but I can go for as long as I need to without any nicotine because I keep my levels low.

It is extremely helpful if you use it like this, but it's easy to fall into the bad habit of chain vaping which will just cause you to feel shitty and anxious for hours. Take as few puffs as necessary through out the day and you'll be more than fine.

The most impressive thing I've found about vaping is that it can be used much more therapeutically than cigarettes. Cigs are gonna make you feel intense cravings no matter what. It's not like that with the vape as long as you limit your hits to a level that works for you.
>>
>>18087278
Nicotine is a pesticide. Don't get on it if you can avoid it.
>>
>>18087814
>>18087814

Yeah it's a pesticide but it can be used to treat anxiety, depression, ADHD, Tourettes, Alzheimers.....

If you use it responsibly it's as safe as green tea, m8.
>>
>>18087278
Youd have better luck on cognitive improvement with the patch or the gum. Its all around a safer delivery method. Vaping has been shown to to not actually properly deliver nicotine so it seems quit fags were placebo'd

Nicotine itself isnt all that addictive. Its the other shit they add to cigarettes to make it uptake better that contribute, but thats not to say it isnt addictive.

I dont care if you have an addictive personality or not. If youre using words like cognitive and neurology you should then accept that any stimulant drug carries a risk of addiction no matter who you are.

And finally, why not caffeine man? Take your body weight, in pounds, cut it in half, have that much in mg a day. Thatll get your brain going pretty good with no crash or overcharge. Cheaper too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.