[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when nothing makes you happy? Life feels so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1488130086787.jpg (1MB, 1920x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1488130086787.jpg
1MB, 1920x1312px
What do you do when nothing makes you happy?

Life feels so miserable and pointless
>>
I used to smoke weed and drink, stopped thinking it would make me happy, 5 years later, now I just have nothing to calm me down and it sucks ass
>>
>>18087145
make other people happy.
>>
>>18087149
i don't really like other people
>>18087148
that stuff never really calmed me down anyway so i don't regret quitting. it's been about 5 years for weed and 2 for alcohol
>>
wait it out or go to a psychiatrist
depression can be treated it can sometimes take awhile to find the right medication though
took my grandma 10 years to find the right meds but she says it was worth it
I'm bipolar and haven't gone on meds yet but probably going to need to since 80% of the time I'm at least mildly depressed and it's keeping me from living the life I want.
>>
>>18087154
oh no i've been down that path. not trying again. been on at least a dozen medications, have had countless tests done, been hospitalized a few times, it's no good for me.
>>
>>18087152
Buddy, I propose a challenge. Workout until you can bench 150kg.
Then tell me how you feel afterward.

I've had at least mild depression for a good 6 years and have been suicidal in that time. Literally the only thing that makes me feel better, is pushing my body till it collapses. Something about physical pain helps ease the mind, well at least for me anyway
>>
First step is the hardest, I understand. But you need to break the routine and challenge yourself. Fix a car. Deadlift 400. Construct a table. Decorate the garage. Learn an instrument
>>
>>18087159
yeah my grandma has had a crazy decade. She's fallen asleep while eating, thought people were talking to her in chinese, and even had a psychotic break where she thought she was immortal and an angel sent here to do shit.
All in all her life has been intense as fuck, forcefully married at 14, jumped out of car from abusive husband that was attempting to kill them both, diagnosed manic depressive...and she says it's worth it to find the right medication.
Idk...stories like yours is what keeps me away from psych eval but her stories encourage me to try. I'm kinda in a similiar boat OP trying to figure out what to do with depression
>>
>>18087250
Why would Ido those things if none of them are enjoyable at all? It's not a matter of "you might like it if you try it"; I HAVE tried and I get nothing out of it.
>>18087187
I've been trying to workout but I fucking hate it. It's been 2 months and I'm not even seeing bevinner gains. Probably because it's so much more than just "go to the gym" to get stronger. Also, I don't enjoy the feeling of pushing my body to collapse AT ALL, I just feel gross, uncomfortable, and ashamed
>>18087276
I hope you find the right answer. I have been through 15 years of therapy with various kinds of counsellors, therapists, etc., and 5 years of medications and for me it was all just wasting money while spinning my wheels.

For you it might be different: lots of people have experiences like your grandma where what seems impossible is achieved.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.