[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince myself to not want a dog anymore? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0590.jpg (528KB, 1734x1803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0590.jpg
528KB, 1734x1803px
How do I convince myself to not want a dog anymore?

I've always wanted a dog ever since I was little, and coming from a poor family renting just a trailer, we could never have one. I was told that when we got a proper house, we could finally have a dog. When we got that house, inherited from a relative, we were told no, and that our father never said such a thing(lies). Sure, I was sad, but I figured that when I got out, I could finally have a dog.

I bring up the concept of a proper guard dog to my man, since I'd be working largely from home all day while he is out, and my Dream dog loves everything. The boyfriend says no adamantly. He says he cannot stand the fur, yet is generous enough to permit me the dog of my dreams only because I had been fixated on it since before we were together. Sadly, it's a giant, fluffy mess, and since he reacted dramatically to my friend's small, short haired dog, I figure it would only be time before he would want to get rid of the fluff monster I want. So it would be best to give up hopes of one day having a dog in the first place, I'm sure. How do I go about doing this?

I won't lie. I'll probably be a creepy fuck who has a life sized plush of the breed in question as a surrogate dog. (Pic related is the best friend's dog)
>>
>>18087076
Sometimes you just have to bury things deep, or accept logic. Unfortunately, that's life. Can you possibly be satisfied with another pet? With another dog that doesn't shed?

It sounds like you want a pomeranian or something, which in no way is a "guard dog."

Dealing with fur all over the place is awful. You always look and feel dirty unless you're constantly grooming the pet, your clothes are covered in weird looking fur and dog scent, and... ugh.

Maybe just think of all the negatives a dog would bring. Like having to crate them, take them out, clean up poop and pee, board them for vacations, etc.
>>
>>18087094
>giant, fluffy mess
>Pomeranian
checks out.
>>
File: side-1.jpg (313KB, 680x571px) Image search: [Google]
side-1.jpg
313KB, 680x571px
>>18087076
>>18087094

One other thing - maybe look into dogs that are similar but different to your ideal breed?

My good friend has a labradoodle - thing is big, and floppy, and pleasant, with a bunch of bushy hair, but it doesn't shed at all. High tier doggo.
>>
>>18087094
>pom
Try putting 14 or so of those together and you get close

>dog fur
I'm aware, but I'd like to at least try to tackle the responsibility. I can sit there and brush a pet all day

>those negatives
>boyfriend somehow thinks children are better

>>18087110
Thank you for the suggestion

I have a love for birds, but I don't know how well that would pass, since they are messy and noisy.
>>
It actually sounds like you want a husky. If so, stay the fuck away from that shit.

This is actually an easy fix OP. Just go to the shelter with your guy just to "look". Some people don't like "dogs" but like individual ones. He might catch feels for a sad lonely pupper at the pound and then you can go from there.
>>
>>18087119

Kids are definitely harder, but at a certain point, kids can be expected to take care of themselves to a degree. After just a couple of years, they can take themselves to the bathroom, feed themselves, and clean up their own mess, if not also contribute to the household in a meaningful way. You can send them to a friend's sleepover for a weekend if you want to go away for a retreat, instead of spending money. They're going to want their own independence to some degree.

A dog is always going to be messy, shed, need your attention to deal with their waste, and is going to need you to take it for walks and play with it all the time to keep it entertained.

I don't even want kids, but I can see the argument that they're better than dogs.
>>
File: 20160223_153810-1.jpg (3MB, 2122x2356px) Image search: [Google]
20160223_153810-1.jpg
3MB, 2122x2356px
As a dog person I say just get the dog. You'll love it. My current dog was my 18th birthday present and easily the best present I've ever gotten. They're great pets and great friends.
Though don't get a German Shepherd if you don't want fluff. My old dog was a staffie and he was the most loyal thing ever I'd recommend one of them. Didn't shed either.
Pic is my current dog
>>
>>18087336
This guy. If your relationship can handle it, just get a doggie OP.
>>
>>18087076
Easy. They smell like moist shit.
>>
File: 1455686386039.jpg (73KB, 720x666px) Image search: [Google]
1455686386039.jpg
73KB, 720x666px
I didnt want one but my wife really wanted one. Ive had a few (really not mine but house dog or family pet) and always got stuck cleaning up after them. Well we got one and wouldnt you know it im the "master" cause i feed and care for him. But hes great. Im glad we got him. He has his quirks but what animal (or even person) doesnt.

Pic related. Looks like my dog.
>>
>>18087370

Tip top doggo, friend.
>>
File: IMG_16841.jpg (649KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_16841.jpg
649KB, 1536x2048px
>>18087406
Heres him and the cat. They have a love hate relationship.
>>
>>18087076
watch the film marley and me. if you havent its about a couple who get a dog. all dogs are like this movie. if you have never had a dog nothing a can prepare you. if you tell them not to do it, they will do it anyway. the smell of wet dog is horrible also trying to get dog hair out of any furniture. dogs dont have long lives. so throughout be prepared to replace them more than once. but overall dogs are loyal as shit.
>>
>>18087435

Did you get him as a puppy or adopt him?
>>
>>18087455
Both. He was only 6 months old when we got him. I only really helped train one other dog before but it was easy. He follows me around and mostly only listens to me. He rarely barks and when we are outside and her the neighborhood dogs bark i jokenly ask "wtf are they saying?"

Hes a great dog though. They said he is a boxer but we think he is mixed, possibly pit but we really dont know.
>>
>>18087472
And to add he was from out of state. He came from a "kill shelter" and was sent to my state to a "no kill shelter" but we were told he was born in a shelter. We didnt know much else about him.
>>
>>18087076
Have you considered compromising and getting a very short haired breed, like a vizsla, boxer, pinscher, or greyhound?
>>
>>18087472
>>18087494

He looks like a pit mix for sure. I've had two pit mixes with friends, and they're great dogs. Especially loyal when you save them like that.
>>
>>18087076
get the fucking dog you pussy fuck your boyfriend. put a cage in the kitchen door.
>>
>>18087110
idc if that dog shitted on my clothes id still love it (i know this from experience with a cat)
>>
File: IMG_20160622_074851.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160622_074851.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
hi
>>
File: IMG_20160612_114014.jpg (4MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160612_114014.jpg
4MB, 3088x4160px
i dont understand, why do u like doggos??
>>
File: 20170227_183913.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170227_183913.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>18087603
Funny thing for me is i didnt even want him but we ended up being best buds. He is great with my kids too. Very protective and id often found sleeping in the hallway between their doors.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.