[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, need some help. I got this guitar from a realative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 14882105993161740038378.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14882105993161740038378.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Hey guys, need some help. I got this guitar from a realative recently and decided that u should learn to play it, i know how to read sheet music from other instruments i play but know nothing about a guitar. I dont even know what kind of guitar it is. Anyone know much about guitars and can give me some advice?
>>
Sorry for shit english, typing on phone.
>>
If you actually know how to read music, dump that thing and get a Classical/Spanish guitar

On electric guitars you'll be reading off tabs most of the time, aka not real music
>>
>>18086447
Ok, thanks for the input. An acoustic guitar you mean? Would that be easier to learn?
>>
>>18086447

Bullshit.

You can perfectly start with electrics. Tabs are easy to read, but musical knowledge is always a big plus.

Start by learning what note each fret is.
Then start with learning chords and scales, musical knowledge is very handy to learn that.

There are plenty of youtube videos for begginers if you don't want to take lessons (which is always the best way to learn)

Play at least 15 or 20 minutes a day.
Play slowly but without mistakes instead of trying to play quickly.
>>
>>18086447
Don't listen to this guy, you can play anything you want on an electric. Granted it's more used for rock music and such, but you can play anything. If anything it depends what music you're interested in.

Now on to the guitar: you'll need an amplifier, nothing big but so you can hear yourself. That guitar is a telecaster copy, they didn't give you a fancy guitar but I guess its usable from what I can see. Try going to /mu/ for a bit more info on guitar or I can help best I can
>>
>>18086468
>>18086470
Alright thanks, i got an amp with it, but no aux cord and i like all kinds of music so i'll be fine there. Anything else?
>>
Congrats on playing several instruments and overall enjoying music bro.

Don't listen to >>18086447 he's a faggot

Electric guitar is fun as fuck (not as much as drums cause adrenaline, etc) and is a very versatile instrument...

Find a teacher/mentor, don't waste time cause if you work alone for a long time your technique might be off.

Also, get a small amp with a headphone jack and a simple multi effect pedal so you start to get a feel of the sound you can create. If you get hooked you'll never stop buying gear haha

Best of luck bro, have fun
>>
>>18086496
Awesome, thanks mate. Im heading to a music shop later on so i should be set soon. Thanks for the input everyone, i know hell all about guitars so everything is helpful.
>>
>>18086502
Yeah be ready to spend too much money on gear

Quick estimate in the 6 yrs I've played guitar I think I have like 3 grand worth of music related shit
>>
>Anyone know much about guitars and can give me some advice?
Stay away from gearfags. If it plays the right notes it's good enough to practice on.
>>
I want to know if drums is hard I'm looking at a Yamaha kit to buy today
>>
I'll buy that body from you for $40.
>>
>>18086422
If you play piano, all music is directly transposable, that is to say they have all the same notes.

Not much to know. Its made of wood, it has 6 strings, and it can make some tasty licks.
Seriously it's just practice, don't need a teacher all musos I know are self taught, and I know a couple of local bands
>>
Just start hitting random notes until something sounds cool.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.