[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are bars for meeting people? I have no where to go for meeting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: kurt_cobain.jpg (794KB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
kurt_cobain.jpg
794KB, 2000x1339px
How are bars for meeting people? I have no where to go for meeting people and I'm thinking about stopping by a bar after work to maybe get some conversations going.
>>
>>18086391
People go to bars to be around other people. Drinking helps relax and loosen inhibitions so it's easier to talk to strangers.

People you meet at a bar can become a reliable social outlet, but I wouldn't expect that such people are necessarily going to become "real" friends.

If you don't know how you respond to alcohol, I would suggest you try to limit your alcohol intake.
>>
>>18086391
Go on an activity night, it's hard to meet people in American life unless something else is going on around you.
>>
>>18086391
They suck. If you just want conversation, KIK me:

tell_me_your_problem

If you want irl friends, then...meetup.com. Meetups have people looking to make friends. Bars have people looking to get picked up/get their drunk on.
>>
>>18086410
I certainly know how to maintain my alcohol. It takes about 6-8 beers for me to feel satisfied with how drunk I am.

>>18086412
You mean like a local game night or something? I used to play Friday night Magic, but I never really met people there.

>>18086413
I have plenty of long distance friends. I don't need a faux therapist.
>>
>>18086391

What are you trying to do? Making friends or getting pussy?
>>
>>18086498
Get more friends. I'm not into hook up culture and I'm more looking to get out again. I had a really close group of friends from my highschool days but as of a few months ago most are either married or moved away.
>>
>>18086507

Ok, that's fine. The second one is more common on this board, lol.

Instead of a bar, I'd say you should a class or some hobby activity. They have built in reasons to talk to people, and you know you have something in common if everyone is there for the same reason.
>>
>>18086512
Yeah but that's a commitment and I haven't been in a classroomisetting in about 7 years. It's really not my thing. I work in an office 8-5 Monday through Friday so afterwards I usually just want to unwind.
>>
>>18086526

I did and Improv class that really helped me meet people. We actually went out to eat together after every other class. It was fun. Think something artistic instead of a "class" class.
>>
>>18086526

>Yeah but that's a commitment

This is why you don't have any friends
>>
>>18086530
The only thing I've been interested in actually is learning to ride motorcycles. I've just been scared of it because I have very shaky hands.
>>
>>18086487
>I certainly know how to maintain my alcohol. It takes about 6-8 beers for me to feel satisfied with how drunk I am.

>>18086526
>excuses

Welp, you sure know how to make yourself look like a loser.

No one really likes being around drunk people except other drunk people. Enjoy finding your crowd of drinking buddies I guess.
>>
>>18086566
Well what are some other things you'd suggest for going out? I really only like the typical 4chan hobbies and since I have a job, I'm not interested in anything like college. I really just want to know good places to meet people and a bar was the first thing that came to mind.
>>
>>18086576
Just because you are going to a bar does not mean that you are required to get drunk. Most people who are not drunks or dumbass kids are going to view getting drunk as a huge negative. Maybe I'm reading more into your phrasing than is really there.

I don't know what the "typical 4chan hobbies" are. The stereotype is masturbation, crying about being alone, crying about how other people are trash, self-diagnosing mental illness, and watching anime.
>>
>>18086765
You summed up 4chan really well.

Going to a bar is not a bad idea. You can strike up a small conversion but a lot of the times you will be drinking alone.

I did go to a bar by myself once. It wasn't a bad experience, I went to this bar frequently so I knew the staff and some of the patrons. I only wanted to stay maybe an hour. I got so wrapped up talking to random people that time flew. What I thought was 9pm by looking outside it was really 12:30am. Told the waitress to get me a cup of coffee and cash me out.

I never did it again. But it was not a bad experience. It was a lot of fun. But you need to be in a bar that you are comfortable with.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.