[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long into a relationship should you start seriously thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1463275302935.jpg (51KB, 332x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463275302935.jpg
51KB, 332x960px
How long into a relationship should you start seriously thinking about marriage (as in, getting engaged)?

I'd say 2-3 years, but my girlfriend says 4-5+. I find dating for 5 years then having a six month to a year engagement period to be ridiculous. We're both willing to compromise here so it's not like a major issue or anything, but how long do you think a couple should be dating before they start seriously thinking about getting engaged?
>>
How about get engaged when you want? Are you two 12 or something?
>>
>>18086029
My gf and i are like that. Whats the rush?
No difference between being married and not (between you and her).

Thr divorce rate is extremely high for a reason. People not picking proper or seeing if they can survive long periods of time and normal relationship bullshit.

My brother in law and sister waited like 6 years. Theyre now married 10 with 2 kids. All their friends who waited a year? Divorced broken families child support you name it.

I side with your gf.
>>
2 years is enough to at least propose
>>
>>18086029
In my experience:
>3+ years together
>1+ year living together
>both partners older than 25, ideally older than 27
>>
>>18086029

In my opinion it's not so much about the time you are together, rather than experiences you encounter. At least a few fights to be sure that you can sort that type of issues out and some notable life changes like a move, new job or other such things are necessary, so you know you both can handle it. If you encounter that sort of challenges and still feel in love with each other, then considering marriage becomes a good idea.
>>
>>18086029
If you don't think your partner is marriage material after 2 years and you want to marry then you need to get out. If you want to marry someday after 2 years and your partner hasn't considered it you are wasting your time and need to get out. Doesn't mean you get married right away but you need to discuss to see if you have the same plans for where the relationship is headed.
>>
>>18086110
This

Like you're wasting each other's time if you're not engaged by Y2
>>
>>18086029
From first time meeting each other to marriage, give it 3 years in total.

Less than that risks you not knowing ups and down cycles of each others' psyche and shit to decide if you could stand living with each other for long time.

Longer than that risks getting into a 'comfort' zone where cuckening and loss of interest happen, or worse: next level friendzone.
>>
>>18086110
After two years with my boyfriend, I was 17 and I definitely wasn't ready for a marriage talk.
It's a bit silly to talk in absolute terms when it comes to relationship.
I can understand if you're 27 and you've been in a relationship for 2 years, then it's quite pressing to know if you're down to settle with someone or no. But if you're 20 it's not the case to discuss seriously about marriage other than "I think that eventually, one day, I'd like to get married and have kids" "Oh me too, that's awesome".
>>
If you want to be with her for the rest of you life as husband and wife then why does it matter whether it was the first 2 or first 5 years that you were together as boyfriend and girlfriend?

I also side with your girlfriend, getting engaged anything before 4 years together with preferably 2 living together is risky, no matter the age.
>>
>>18086138
this is obviously not for young people.
>>
>>18086190
This.

Man i got torn apart in a thread for this the other day.

Youre picking a life partner not a goddamn suv that suits your needs.

Plus relationship psychologists have shown 4 years is a good time because its enough to see what kind of challenges you have together and how youll deal with them.

My wife and i had a very very shitty 3rd year. We got through better people and a better couple.. But if we were engaged the amount of extra pressure on top of it would not have helped and id have probably questioned our relationship harder.
>>
>>18086029
>wasting 5 years of baby making

lmao your gf is cucking you
>>
>>18086029
>b-but blacks can't be racist
>>
>>18086029
if you are a girl 3 months before
if you are a man never
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.