[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I ask for a raise? Just found out I'm being fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170227-003058.png (321KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170227-003058.png
321KB, 2560x1440px
How do I ask for a raise? Just found out I'm being fucked in the ass by earning less than half the average salary of my position at $350 weekly. That's so far left on this chart's curve it's not even visible.
>>
What are your hours and how did you arrive to that rate?
>>
>>18085594
37 hours. I'm there as long as the doors are open and am the sole technician.

$350 was my starting pay and I'm working on year three at this place.
>>
>>18085607
Well, you've got your argument right here. Eat your resentment over a rotten, but mutually agreed upon contract, and find a more agreeable sum. Learn as much as you can about your business and your alternatives.
>>
>>18085581
They know they're underpaying you. Either they assume you're too much of a wuss to ever ask for more, or they don't care if you leave.

My advice is to start the process of looking for a new job. In fact, you should never STOP looking for a new job because that's just how business and employment works in the USA now: you advance your career by making moves to a different employer, and you should only consider staying in one place while you're completing a task you know will make you more valuable elsewhere.

How to ask for a raise: you talk to your supervisor and say "I want to talk about getting a raise" and go from there. You should have some idea what you want to make. Consider what the hourly is if you're salaried and typically work more than 40 hours a week.

I think it's useless to threaten to leave. You simply leave when you have another job lined up. If you were treated poorly (and they know they're taking advantage of you), you shouldn't even feel obligated to give advanced notice because unless you have a contract, you have no such obligation.
>>
>>18085607
Biz graduate here. Everyone needs to ask for AT LEAST a 10% raise every one year anniversary. Go to your boss and tell him you'd like for you wage to better reflect your commitment.

Pro-tip: if you're ever turned down for a raise, ask what would needed to be done to reach your goal. Also also make sure YOU set the number.

The wage gap is real, but it's largely because women are submissive and never ask for raises. Don't be a woman. Polite but assertive. You know what you're human capital is worth.
>>
>>18085664
It's too late to ask for more substantial than 10% at this point, isn't it?

Good advice though. I guess I thought it would have gotten better own its own but I see now I've made a mistake.
>>
>>18085706
>It's too late to ask for more substantial than 10% at this point, isn't it?
Fuck no, are you even reading your own thread? You've got labour to sell, and you are looking for the highest bidder.
>>
File: 1488175776123.jpg (594KB, 1944x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1488175776123.jpg
594KB, 1944x1944px
>>18085706
>It's too late to ask for more substantial than 10% at this point, isn't it?

Not at all. If I were you, I'd get my resume updated just in case shit goes south and scout out some other jobs/employers. Then go to my boss and say "I'd like to discuss my pay, do you have a minute?" "I feel my wage doesn't reflect my responsibilities. I've been with the company for 3 years but my wage has stagnated. etc etc". this is just a blueprint. I've never worked a blue collar job (only fast food but white collar after) so you'll want to tailor it to your boss and field.

The thing people don't understand is that they assume companies are moral. That they give a single fuck about you or your well-being. That's a great way to run your business into the ground. You are the only advocate for yourself. No one will advocate for you. No one cares if you have enough to pay rent. This doesn't mean your boss is heartless, but you are not the priority, your work is. If you're a good worker and are difficult to replace (which you probably are, hiring new workers fucking sucks), then you'll get a raise. If not, go somewhere else. There are plenty of places that'll give you 10% a year, especially for a knowledgeable mechanic.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.