[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I get through the whole Algebra section on Khan Academy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1476216923361.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1476216923361.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
Could I get through the whole Algebra section on Khan Academy studying 1 hour a day for 4 months?
>>
>>18085026
better start and find out.
>>
why are you doing that?

I am actually going through the precalc part thinking about going back to school.
>>
>>18085051
Because I'm going back to school this Fall. Studying for the placement test, so I can test into the Pre-calc course. I've already taken elementary and intermediate algebra at a previous CC so I remember a decent portion of it. But the "college algebra" part is new to me.
>>
>>18085062
How many different skills are there in the algebra section? I would think it is manageable.

If 1 hour your limit, or you are just being lazy?
>>
>>18085075
Kinda sorta being lazy, I can do more but I work full time and when I get home I fight the urge to just waste away so I practice violin/guitar an hour a day, lift weights for 30 min, read a little and practice the math for an hour, while still relaxing and getting 7 hours of sleep. If I do need to study more its going to be on the weekends.

To note I'm finished with 3 of the 20 sections
>>
File: 11111.jpg (35KB, 361x655px) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
35KB, 361x655px
>>18085123
Sections, but how many skills? The precalc section has 102 different skills so far. I just started this last week.
>>
>>18085144
It's divided between Algebra I and II

Like 181 for I and 130 for II

Like I said I've taken elementary and intermediate algebra and passed. So I expect the first half or so to just be a refresher
>>
Having finished 75% of Algebra 1, I can say that to get a good idea of how long it might take you, spend a weekend wholly dedicated to learning from KA. Maybe like 8 hours each day; use this to get a general estimate for how long finishing might take you.

IMO 1 hour a day might not be enough for ALL of Algebra (maybe Algebra 1), but that's just me. Best to get an idea of what your own pacing is and work from there, keeping in mind that exercises at the start will be the easiest and fastest to complete.
>>
File: 1487989670962.jpg (201KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1487989670962.jpg
201KB, 1280x853px
bumpity
>>
File: 86694824.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
86694824.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>>18085026
it is a bad idea to measure your studying hours.
don't do that.
>>
>>18086684
Why is that a bad idea? You also probably think its a bad idea to measure your school class hours too right?

>LOL Im anon just go to schoooool for however long u fel like going u dont need to measure ur educashion :)
>>
Im doing the same thing but plan on doing as much as I can, not just algebra. Been 2 weeks and I'm almost done algebra is with very little knowledge going in. Trying to read Lange's basic mathematics at the same time and Lange is much different/harder.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.