[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get really combative when people tell me how I should be living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (117KB, 960x952px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 960x952px
I get really combative when people tell me how I should be living my life. Stuff like "you'll never be happy unless you have kids," "you should settle down by a certain age," "friends won't be around when you get older," to simple shit like "if you don't eat breakfast you'll be unhealthy."

It doesn't matter if it's on 4chan, other message boards, or in real life, I feel the need to defend my actions and can't let it drop.

How do I let this kind of thing roll off my back?
>>
>>18084424

most people think that theres some trick that stops you from feeling the feelings you feel when people say these things. there's not. the person who learns to control himself did not lea nto control his feelings, he just learned to control his actions.

i learend its always better to keep things short and concise.

>mind your own business

is the best go to. it tells people 'i dont care what you think' and is pretty final. if they say 'im just looking out for you or just tryna help you' simply say 'no, you're trying to control me, mind your own business'.

if they persist, literally ignore them,
>>
>>18084424
Just punch people in the face.
They'll get the message
>>
>>18084424
Are you a grill or a dood? Because that's the shit many women have to put up with. Anyways, don't take it to heart, those are socially conforming fucktards.

Otherwise, if you plan to have kids it would be wise to settle down before you hit the mid 30s. Because your looks and fertility willl fade rapidly, not neccessarily looks, but sure as hell fertility.

If you're a guy, then I would question myself in what a fucking shithole I'm actually in.
>>
>>18084437

I'm a dude.

But I'm 30, in a pretty good spot in life, and people just keep insisting I need to bring my life down to their boring level. I feel like it's nothing more than jealousy.
>>
>>18084459

sometimes its jealously, sometimes its just an inability to understand things outside the norm.

there are people who arent offended by homosexuals for instance but literally cannot understand how thy exist. they like girls, so they could never understand how a dude could be gay. it confuses them because they just dont understand what it means to be different at all.

a lot of people are like that. and sometimes its self validating. they are stuck with kids, neither loving it or hating it, but it is their life so they have to insist its the right life to have, kinda like how new moms suddenly act like having kids is the most important thing in the entire world.
>>
>>18084424
It also annoys me if people telling me what I should've done or things.

Do you have problem with responsibility, or being held responsible? Usually people who were "combative" or in other term, defensive are having problem with those. I know since after some reflecting, I gotta admit that applies to myself right.

Then it made me come to a conclusion that since this kind of people and situation wouldn't be avoidable be everywhere, even on 4chan, I just stopped taking all of it into my heart, really.
>>
>>18084424
So you want us to tell you what to do, but that really boils your blood being told what to do.

I think I found the problem.
>>
>>18084424
None of their demands are remotely compelling. If they had the slightest iota of intellect they would be telling you how these things might actually benefit you.

They sound like morons. You are a saint for putting up with them, remember that the next time.
>>
>>18085080

Only stuff about my future, and long-term life plans.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.