[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >complain about how I have no friends and can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1485216488568.jpg (604KB, 2048x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1485216488568.jpg
604KB, 2048x1638px
>be me
>complain about how I have no friends and can't go anywhere
>buy car to remedy this
>can't think of anything to do or anywhere to go

Holy fuck. I literally only go to school and work. What do people do when they want to meet new people or go new places?
>>
>>18084357

they go to new palces and then meet people.

local events, niche shops etc
>>
>>18084361
How do I meet new people? I could go to a niche shop or concert or whatever but there's a like a 1% chance I strike a convo well enough with someone for them to want to see me again.
>>
>>18084364

well if you do that 3 times a week than you will get 1 long term friend every 7 months.

and i doubt anything else i list will make you up that percentage, so there you go, thats your best option.

probably a lot better than 1% though you just havent actually donei t so are making really stupid assumptions.
>>
>>18084364

in august i went to a graveyard to watch nightmare on elm street. forgot my blanket, so i asked to sit with the guy next to me. now were best friends. literallyj ust texted him.

3 years ago i overheard a guy at yogurt stop say he wanted to be an actor. i was working on a short film so i traded info. 3 years later were best friends. one time i just went to an anime party, hit it off with a fella and we were friends for about 6 months (his inability to be on time ruined it desu). talked to a stranger on a bus once, now were hiking buddies.

point im making here is that if you go out and talk to people you'll actually get something going. its much higher than 1% and thats a really stupid assumption of you to make considering you dont actively do this.
>>
>>18084371
>>18084375
You guys are actually right, I don't know why I tried to lay the numbers out without actually trying the damn thing. I suppose I need to plan to occupy myself one of these weekends then
>>
>>18084396

where do you live? its admittedly more difficult in small towns but even then you can go to the bar or the local hangouts and chat up people there. smaller towns tend to draw a diverse crowd to their bars so you could probably find people even with more niche interests there you just have to talk.
>>
>>18084400
I honestly live in a big metro area where most people seem to already have all the company they need.

It's funny that you mention small towns, I was actually considering hitting the bar scene about 60-90 minutes from my house.
>>
>>18084405

>big metro area

good, more people, and more things to do.

>most people seem to already have al lthe comapny they need

you dont know that. do you think yuo're honestly the only person in the entire fucking city who wants to make friends? people are constantly making new friends, they just dont call it making friends. they just go out and do stuff and talk to people they meet and continue to talk to people they hit it off with.

dont go to the small town bars if you already live in a big metro area. those are just last resorts for townies.

ultimately it boils down to context, what you like to do, want to do, etc. but if you're in a metro area you can go on meetup, look up activities and go there.

i went to an anime meetup and made lots of friends that way.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.