[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends at 22 years old if you don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: fuckmylife.jpg (51KB, 604x366px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmylife.jpg
51KB, 604x366px
How do you make friends at 22 years old if you don't like to drink heavily, smoke pot, do hard drugs, and act like a total degenerate? I feel like a fucking old man because I don't know how to reach out and socialize with people my own age without coming off like a creep or something.
>>
I don't do any of those things and I have friends. I'm also a nice person to be around.
>>
none of that shit would help at all. you'd probably be even creepier as a self hating drug user than you are now.
>>
>>18083832

ditto. OP sounds like a cunt tho. my friends dont even drink but they dont put themselves on a pedastal.
>>
>>18083839

I'm not saying it helps, I'm saying it's what the people my age where I come from do when they're socializing. I don't get invited to parties because I'm that straight edge guy. I don't have a lot of friends and I don't know why. It makes me angry, and I just feel further isolated because when I try to reach out to people and talk to them or get to know them it's perceived as either an attempt out of desperation or an ulterior move. I just don't get people my age and it pisses me off because I think I'm a pretty cool guy. Thinking about killing myself a lot desu. Just don't know when I'll finally go through with it.
>>
>>18083847
>>18083839
>>18083832

See, I don't understand why I sound like a cunt for saying that I don't like to do any of those things. Like, what the fuck? I didn't mean to imply that doing any of those things makes you degenerate, I just meant in a general sense (i.e. being a vandal or causing trouble). I don't care if you drink, smoke, or whatever. I'm cool with people doing their own thing, doing it at a party or in the privacy of their own home what have you. What I don't understand is how or why this makes me sound like a cunt because when I'm offered this stuff I simply say no thanks. It's like I'm a fucking prick or something because I don't like it?
>>
>>18083851
>I don't get invited to parties because I'm that straight edge guy
As someone who doesn't drink or do drugs, I can tell you that's not the reason why you're not invited to parties.

>I just don't get people my age and it pisses me off because I think I'm a pretty cool guy.
People are about more than sex, drugs and rock n roll. You seem to be going in with preconceived notions that they're interested in nothing but getting wasted and fucking around, when in reality there is so much more that people are about. If you 'don't get' people your age, that's not a problem with them, that's a problem with you and you need to fix your mindset. No, you're not going to get along with every single person you meet, but if you can't find ANYONE you get along with, then that's an issue with you.
>>
>>18083861
Only one person called you a cunt. The rest of us were implying that you're stuck up and otherwise lack social skills.
>>
>>18083861

>i dont understand why i sound like a cunt for saying that i dont like to do any of those things

your words sepcifically:
>how do you make friends at 22 years old if oyu dont like to drink heavily, smoke pot, do hard drugs, AND ACT LIKE A TOTAL DEGENERATE

its not even rude to say hard drugs or HEAVY drinking is degenerate but to imply you're some magical friendless anomaly because you don't do those is pretty cunty.
>>
File: 1487664982753.jpg (38KB, 800x543px) Image search: [Google]
1487664982753.jpg
38KB, 800x543px
>>18083847
Not op, but thought you might like this.
>>
When I read this

> act like a total degenerate

I assumed your problem is that you are judgemental as fuck. One of my closest friends is sober as hell and they are really fun to be around. Of course, most of the time we hang out during the day. Sometime he rolls out at night and is fine with me and my other buddies drinking a lot. Have you ever had someone who thought they were "above" you because of some trite bullshit like maybe their taste in music or whatever? How fun are they to be around?

Then I read this:

>>18083861

Always choose your words carefully OP.

Anyways I have experienced people being lame as fuck regarding sober people. These people suck and you don't want to be friends with them anyways. Find hobbies and social activities. Being socially awkward is like being out of shape. You gotta start lifting. You will still be out of shape in the beginning but eventually you'll be fine.
>>
>>18083872

See >>18083861
"I didn't mean to imply that doing any of those things makes you degenerate, I just meant in a general sense (i.e. being a vandal or causing trouble)"

Apologies for the cause for confusion.
>>
>>18083896

again, even if you dont mean to imply those thigns make you degenerate you're acting superior by saying you can't make friends because of how /not/ degenerate you are.

i dont drink or smoke, my best friend doesn't either, our other friend does ocassionally but ive literally never even seen it in the year ive known him.

we all get along fine and make friends easy.

you are the problem. not drinking, smoking or acting like a degenerate.
>>
>>18083896
>I just meant in a general sense (i.e. being a vandal or causing trouble)
But then you're implying that everyone your age does that, which is simply not true.
>>
Pop culture.
Politics.
Hobbies.

Stop living like an old man, and you'll stop feeling like an old man, old man.

#Helpingtheelderly#OldLivesMatter
>>
I'm >>18083839
>none of that shit would help at all. you'd probably be even creepier as a self hating drug user than you are now.
I said that you were right to avoid all that syff
>>18083861
>See, I don't understand why I sound like a cunt for saying that I don't like to do any of those things.
because you say your lack of friendship is caused by that you don't
>:Like, what the fuck? I didn't mean to imply that doing any of those things makes you degenerate,
you didn't imply shit, you stated it explicitly.
>I just meant in a general sense (i.e. being a vandal or causing trouble).
you're just diging that hole deeper
>I don't care if you drink, smoke, or whatever.
>I'm cool with people doing their own thing, doing it at a party or in the privacy of their own home what have you.
you just thought you'd make a thread complaining about it because ????????
>What I don't understand is how or why this makes me sound like a cunt because when I'm offered this stuff I simply say no thanks.
it's how you say iut and how you say anything
>It's like I'm a fucking prick or something because I don't like it?
no, it's like you're a fucking prick full stop.
>>
Join a sport / club.
Exercise anyways just improve confidence, a new interests/hobbies can only be beneficial, it's also something to talk about even as an ice breaker worst case scenario.
Rowing is a good sport as you don't need to start when your a kid, just an example.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.