[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting into drums and don't know how to play any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1487570608841.gif (329KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487570608841.gif
329KB, 400x400px
I'm getting into drums and don't know how to play any rudiments. Are they important can it help me with speed
>>
First you need rhythm, then you can start focusing on speed.

A good way to learn both is have a metronome (online ones work just as well) and play (right and left)

RLRR-LRLL on repeat on the snare. After a while, change the RLRR-LRLL to other parts of the drumset. Get the rhythm of it first though.
>>
Get a drum machine and good samples.
>>
You need posture, proper kit placement, basic rhythm, and definitely rudiments.

If you're a beginner you probably already play too fast anyway.
>>
>>18083987
I do admit I play a little quick. Due to my skeletal alignment, I have to put the bass drum at a angle because of my outward foot. I bought a book on stick control and rudiments a hour ago.
>>
>>18083731
It may sound stupid but I don't know how ro use a metronome. Do I hit it on the beep noise or on the off beat?
>>
>>18084212
On a regular four beat measure, the metronome will make a noise on every of the fourths, and depending on the setting will make a more ponounced noise on the first beat. You start playing on that first beat and adjust your tempo so your drumpattern always repeats on that first beat.

As for rudiments: Yes, you'll need them. There comes a time when you will want to play drumfills, and rudiments are a tool through which you can very easily create a fill on the spot. Rudiments for drums are a bit like scales for guitarists, you memorise a progression of movements so you can exercise them later.
>>
>>18084235
Does learning rudiments help with increasing the speed on hi hat? And thank you for answering my questions.
>>
>>18083633
watch dave weckl back to basics
>>
>>18084313
Is it a series or just one video on YouTube
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.