[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, 20m here, dating 19F (we've been dating 3 1/2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: doors.jpg (310KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
doors.jpg
310KB, 900x1200px
Hey guys, 20m here, dating 19F (we've been dating 3 1/2 years). I'll green text for easier reading

>6 months ago
>Had to move 8hrs away due to finishing my associates and going to University
>Moved into parents house to save money, so it's not like I go back in the summer or anything
>GF still lives with very controlling parents
>Because she's fully funded by them (car, soon to be school, housing, etc.) they have a lot of control over her life
>Because I moved they are convinced that a long distance relationship doesn't work so they barred her from ever seeing me again (They also have never really liked me because I'm not religious)
>I go back to where she lives every month, we have to see each other in secret, she stays at my hotel overnight, we fuck, go on dates, etc.
>She's not allowed to visit me though
>I can only see her for one night too because any longer and her parents get suspicious
>Since she's starting school next semester, they've threatened to kick her out and not pay for her school

So my question is, next time I visit, I want to sit down and talk to her parents. what do you think I should say? How do you think I should handle this? These are the points I'm thinking about making.

>Despite being long distance at the moment, this is only temporary
>I'm sorry I've had to move, and I'm sorry you think that we're not a good couple because of that, but over this time we've learned to cope with it and grown because of it
>I understand you want the best for your daughter, and I respect it. She's your daughter and that's fine. But her and I are very happy together, she's happy with me, and I'm happy with her.

Any advice?
>>
>>18083615
Just the last point. Thats all. Don't bother about the other stuff.
You probably won't solve anything you know. Some people are just stupid and have their beliefs cemented and you won't move them far from them.
If it's real love then stay strong, wait till you two can leave together somewhere. Meanwhile study hard, work hard and take care of your future.
>>
>>18083661
I know it might not work, but it's the difference between taking a chance and being able to see each other more, or sneaking about and seeing each other less until I get a job and can support her.

I can't see myself with anyone else, and she can't see herself with anyone else. Believe me, we took a break for a month and dated other people. We just came crawling back to each other
>>
>>18083615
If it's serious between you, get an apartment together, just a cheap one. Both of you work part time to pay for it. I was paying for a huge studio apartment by myself with waiters pay work in 4 days a week part time.
>>
>>18083691
I unfortunately cannot work at the moment due to university, as well as the state she lives in is very high cost of living (Maryland).

Reason I cannot work atm is I have severe ADHD, I could handle community college while working, but University work, and working at the same time would absolutely overload me. I'm taking 6 classes right now
>>
>>18083696
6 is too many classes. There isn't enough time to master everything you are doing. Don't get a fake education, skimming isn't learning.
>>
>>18083709
Not really, My lowest grade is a 95%
>>
>>18083732
Grades don't mean anything. If you take your important classes, the ones where your career will depend on it, can your remember the last few chapters and every important point that was made?

For example, if you take a class in taxation, get an A, then get out and can't tell someone exactly how to fill out their taxes, what good are you? These days competition is fierce and you need real mastery, not some watered down educational system patting you on the head.
>>
>>18083685
Well thats it then. Just say you are meant to be and that they cannot change that. I had a problem like that. It will sound strange because now that girl is my ex but anyway. I had a girl and her parents didn't liked me, bc I was not religious. They didnt kept her away from me, but still I had very negative feeling about that and once I said that to them. I just said that it bothers me that they don't like me, but at the same time I don't really care about that, bc I love her. We were together for about 4 years. I think it was a happy relationship, although her parents didnt liked me.
Just strugle through this period and then make your gf happiest woman alive.
>>
>>18083739
6 classes isn't necessarily a lot, and you're talking out of your ass. You don't know jack shit about OP's capabilities.
>>
>>18083739
You try getting a 95% in 6 college courses junior year of college and "not learn anything" lmao
>>
It's up to her to stand up to them. If she can't do that much for you two then she doesn't care enough.

Anyone that "needs saving" will eventually "need saving" from you.
>>
>>18083834
I'd say the same thing if we were older, and finished with school. But I can understand her not doing that. Who wouldn't take a free ride to college? Like atm, until I finish school, I simply don't have enough money to help her out
>>
>>18083770
I graduated 4.0 with several degrees, the one that makes me money is accounting.

Serious classes have books that are about 700 to 1000 pages. Trying to memorize 6000 pages in 4 months is for people who simply don't knkw how education works.

I didn't say he wouldn't learn anything, but you are cheating yourself out of fully learning things.
>>
>>18083615
Yes, you want to make it work and you're young enough to think that you can fix things. Of course you want to believe that you're so eloquent, rational, and loving that they'll understand. They won't. All talking with them will do is tell them that their daughter has been going behind their backs and disobeying them.

If she's off to school in the fall, your best option is to just wait until she's in the dorms.
>>
>>18084128
>Memorizing pages at all

I don't memorize pages, I take important parts of the books and make study sheets, which I can study off. It's much easier, you can't memorize compsci text books no matter how many classes you take
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.