[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on SSRI's. Are they worth it and able to be used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6853.jpg (23KB, 260x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6853.jpg
23KB, 260x190px
Redpill me on SSRI's. Are they worth it and able to be used long term? Are they affordable with insurance? If so, which one is the best?

The reason why I ask is that I found myself with some social anxiety that I would like to get rid of. It used to be bad but I started meditating 20 minutes a day and lifting weights and now it's much much better but it feels like it's still there. Like I feel like I can talk to anyone after just a drink or two but at baseline I feel like something is holding me back.

Am I exageratting my anxiety here? My goal ultimately is to be able to socialize with anyone including strangers, and I feel like SSRI's will help because my roommate is on it and he's amazing at talking to people.
>>
Also i'm not depressed or anything I consider myself a generally happy person, it's just that talking to people is hard sometimes
>>
File: dante_et_virgile___gustave_dore.jpg (164KB, 540x368px) Image search: [Google]
dante_et_virgile___gustave_dore.jpg
164KB, 540x368px
>>18083503
I've been on them before, and I've personally not seen any difference in the way I interact with people. Actually, I believe that SSRIs have made me more inclusive than before.

They aren't supposed to help you talk to people. If you couldn't interact with people before, some pills won't fill in for years of missed social networking.

Results vary from person-to-person, but I've had other friends on SSRIs with similar results. Even my therapist advised against them, and recommended me to do CBT instead.
>>
Sounds like a self confidence issue. Pills can make you less inhibited, but dealing with the potential side effects isn't worth it in your case.

I took different antidepressants for about 8 years because I wasn't a functional person and they helped me achieve a baseline and get to a point where I didn't need them anymore. I caution people against pills unless they're in absolutely dire straits; it's an easy answer, but easy answers often aren't the best ones. It's normal to be uncomfortable with unfamiliar things like striking up conversations, just do it a lot and you'll stop caring. Like a less professional exposure therapy.
>>
>>18083503
>be me
>be depressed
>see a doctor
>get pills perscribed
>read the note on the pills:
>(among the others - complete fuckup of any sexual life)
>throw it away and get better on my own

Of course I'mnot claiming anybody can just get better without help, but I'd never use pills with such terrible side effects for something you are able to cope with with other means.

Also, asking which are the best is not a good idea - 4chan knows unsurprisingly little about your personal brain biochemistry andpills have to be chosen carefully according to that
>>
>>18083503
From my experience with SSRI's they are worthless. Doctor tried 2 different ones with me and they both made my anxiety worse than it was without treatment. He gave me some lorazapram for a while which helped but my anxiety levels were still higher than without any meds. Then they wanted to take away the lorazepam 0.5mg and up the dosage on the SSRI's. That was the point that I told them they can't listen worth a shit and shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine if this is what they consider helping someone.

Since then I buy Xanax illegally. I only take 1/4 of a bar as a dose and things have been way fucking better. Apparently I can help myself better than these shit excuse of doctors can. That's probably why they are all booked up that it is hard to even get in to see them, their making everyone's problems worse to keep them coming back so they can push the drugs the drug companies want them too rather than actually helping people.

Mental health doctors in my experience are a joke and have done more damage to my mind than they have helped. They could do good if they fucking listened and stopped worrying about what drugs they should be pushing on behalf of the drug companies.

Bet if they just gave me the script for the 0.5 lorazepam they would have actually helped me, but the only reason they prescribed that was to offset the side effects of the ssri. Then I looked up drug interactions with the ssri they had me on with the lorazepam and there were some pretty serious interactions, again proving they have no clue what they are doing and don't really give a shit about helping people. Well, to me at least. You can believe whatever you want, I'm just speaking from my own experiences.
>>
>>18083503

>Redpill me on SSRI's. Are they worth it and able to be used long term?

Please don't get medical advice on clinical psychiatry from a bunch of teenage spergs on the internet.
>>
>>18083503
Didn't help against depression/anxiety at all, but made it hard to piss. It was also as if my whole perception was somehow filtered, it's hard to describe but it made everything feel more dull.
>>
>>18084625
Cont.

Things may be different in your area. I'm just speaking from my experience. They do end up helping some people but I bet it's probably mostly people who could have there problems turned around by a placebo/sugar pill and being told it was whatever medication.

The only real way to find out if it will work for you is by trying it. If you feel it's not helping or making things worse you can talk to your doctor and they may have a different approach or you could just discontinue treatment.
>>
Take MDMA. Seriously. Just once even.
>>
>>18084690
>>18084690

This is a terrible advise.
>>
Try anti-anxiety drugs. You described how I feel on a daily basis.

I've used SSRI's (Prozac and Clomipramine), and all I can say is it basically just numbs all of your emotions and makes it difficult to get your dick hard. And if you do get a hard on, you will cum like once every three times you have sex.

If that's not depressing, I don't know what is. Avoid antidepressants like sores on a pussy
>>
They are the red pill in that they're designed and manufactured to help you see the world as it truly is.
>>
>>18084787
you meant shrooms and lsd
>>
>>18084785
That's explicitly older antidepressants. Newer ones don't have that effect
>>
>>18083503
SSRIs are not worth it in this case. It'd probably be better to just push yourself out of your comfort zone a little more and take a few risks. Pretend you are relaxed and you will become relaxed after 30 seconds or so of conversation.
>>
>>18083503
If you were able to make improvements with meditation and exercise, I would suggest other routes than SSRI's. Research nootropics. There several out there than can help with anxiety without the sometimes severe side effects of SSRI's. Benzodiazepine's like xanax, valium, klonopin and others can help, but they are highly addictive. Take a look at the website, reset.me

They feature articles on alternative therapies.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.