[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow i'll spend my first day at my first job in a local

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1428163328855.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1428163328855.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
Tomorrow i'll spend my first day at my first job in a local company, any general useful advice to make a good impression? It's my very first working experience, i'm worried to make a bad start.
>>
You already got the job, that's good impression enough. On most fundamental level you won't have the muscle memory, the capacity to parse the environment effortlessly, nor much knowledge, so take it easy and acclimate yourself.
>>
On my first day in my new job I was being shown around some equipment. I reached out to grab and feel the weight of a gas cylinder with steel handles. I didn't realise that the handle was damaged and exceptionally sharp and I cut the palm of my hand open quite badly. Clenching my fist quite hard to slow the flow of blood I had to interrupt the guy showing me around and say "uh, you know when you want to make a good first impression on your first day, but instead immediately lacerate your hand? Do you think you could show me where the medical supplies are kept and uh, not hold this against me?".

Luckily they quickly moved past horrified and onto thinking it was quite funny. They swore that nobody had ever managed to do anything like that before despite the equipment being fucking damaged and razor sharp, so I guess just one of those things if you aren't aware of it.
>>
>>18083485
Look for the biggest guy you have at work and punch him in the face. This will show that despite being the new guy, you're not afraid of anyone.
>>
>>18083522
Either this or try to become his bitch.
>>
>>18083485
What type of work is it? General advice is show a willingness to work hard, learn, and listen to your supervisors and Co workers trying to teach you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.