[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you avoid suicide/negative thoughts? Tell me your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1488121560896.jpg (67KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
1488121560896.jpg
67KB, 480x388px
How do you avoid suicide/negative thoughts?

Tell me your tips pls

I need help
>>
Try meditation

Also replace your negative thoughts with positive thoughts, i know it's easier said than done and sounds like bullshit but it works over time

Don't stay alone too much, see some friends once in a while
>>
>>18083289
If you stop identifying with being a victim, all self-criticism turns either into funny salty noise or helpful advice.
>>
>>18083289
First I learn to accept those thoughts, those are all part of me too.

With that, I began to spin it into a more positive/hopeful thoughts. Then to shut my self criticism voices in my head, I meditate.
It's working to restart my thoughts and give me a more positive perspectives and outlooks in the life.
>>
+1 on all the mediation suggestions here

Ideally, you should cut all negative/harmful thoughts

You can simply make a mental note it as "negative thought" when it does appear. So in meditation this is called mindfulness. Sometimes just acknowledging it will make it disappear. If not, you may need to deconstruct the thought to lessen its grip or introduce a balancing thought.

Be sure to also note when your mind is quiet, when you've no negative or positive thoughts. That state is very calming.
>>
look up Alan Watts guide to meditation
>>
>>18083289
our brains are wired for negativity, it acts as a survival instinct. it takes dedication to break the tendency to think negatively, but it helps to think about the positives in your life, no matter how small. take a minute a day to do this, and eventually you'll start looking at thing for their postives instead. It's helped me so far, but I still have some ways to go.
>>
I used to be a depressive person (4 or 6 years ago, I do not remember). So far, things that work for me:

1.- Sleep, focus on quality and not quantity
2.- Diet, eat lots of fruit and vegetables
3.- Exercise, cardio, yoga, lifting weights, w/e works for you
4.- Ambition, working towards something: a degree, learning another language, being fit, w/e works for you

Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>18083311
This. OP you need to realize that your thoughts and feelings you have are fine and don't define who you are. They'll come and go. Meditation works for me as well personally.
>>
File: al maari quote.png (145KB, 850x401px) Image search: [Google]
al maari quote.png
145KB, 850x401px
can you explain to me more about what's causing you to be suicidal? Is it that life feels hopeless or not worth living, stress at home?

Typing out your feelings might help, and maybe there are some issues we could give you advice on.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.