[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>24 >want to either go to college or be a music producer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3083.jpg (24KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3083.jpg
24KB, 259x194px
>24
>want to either go to college or be a music producer
>not doing part time of both type shit
>wanted to run away to city for music
>too afraid to go into debt for school
>my mom works for a college connected with universities all over the country
>if I actually did leave I could go to college tuition free or focus on my career

How do I leave this shit town

>no jobs
>no people
>no money
>no car
>no bus here
>nothing in walking stance
>>
>>18082827
Break it down like this
>Do I have enough money to go to college
If yes, then going to college is an option
If no, then college is not an option
>Do I have enough money to move to a city, pay rent and find a job afterwards
If yes, then you can run away to "the city" to do music
If no, then you cannot

As for leaving your town, do one of the above
>>
>>18082859
We'll college would be free it's literally just paying for books and getting there there's about 2-4 unis per state but I care more about my music career
>>
>>18082827
You don't just walk into being a music producer. Most have spent years either as musicians or engineers.

Go to college major in business with as many music and sound-engineering classes as you can fit in. Present yourself to the recording world as another wanabe, but one with a business background that others won't have.
>>
>>18082866
I've been making music since I was 9
>>
>>18082873
Cool, lets work on your plan to becoming a producer then
Where would you move to?
What company/other producers would you want to get in touch with?
What will you do for a job in the time you're trying to reach your success?
>>
>>18082873
Fuck I forgot to finish my answer

I want to go to school for business because on top of producing I want manage labels and artists or something and do desk work also
>>
>>18082877
Atlanta or Chicago

Chief keef, rich the kid, famous dex, Gucci mane, migos etc. I also want to work on more pop/rnb stuff for the money and I like the feel of the instrumentals when I get bored of my stuff.
>>
>>18082884
Sweet, empiricals are a good start
Do a little research, find out what contacts you need. Make a portfolio of your work. Practice your craft everyday you can. Look at housing availability and prices.

You won't be in Atlanta tomorrow, but focus on what steps you need to take to get started and get some data together.
>>
>>18082896
What if I ruin my life by not doing college
>>
>>18082926
As long as your mom can get you free tuition, you still have some time
Starting life in your 20s is a meme, being happy matters more than where your are in your career relative to others your age
>>
>>18082933
Yeah my mom can but once she retires I'm fucked I already have 3 semesters of school finished though. I want to try producing for a year in the city and if it's going nowhere just take classes on the side. It's fucking impossible to get started here though I've thoigh about just leaving with a few hundred
>>
>>18082955
You gotta have the capital to achieve your dreams. Maybe instead of moving, just try some interviews and travel for the day.
>>
>>18082960
No way I could ever do that but if I could set up interviews ahead of time and do a dorm/shared room thing or something
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.