[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good morning /adv/ really kinda freaking out right now, ive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1474327926748.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1474327926748.png
2MB, 750x1334px
good morning /adv/

really kinda freaking out right now, ive been dating someone for three months and things have been going great (unparalleled sex life, she's super possessive of me and tells me about how scared she is to lose me, how much she loves me on a daily basis, how happy i make her). had a night out with friends, texting her back and forth throughout saying sweet lovey shit, you know how it is.

i get back to my place, look at her social media profile, and notice that before, in her bio she had "taken" listed in her profile, and right now it just says nothing there in that place. before we started dating, she put "single" instead.

she isnt awake for another 4-5 hours most likely and i'm freaking the fuck out. there were NO signs of her considering this beforehand. she even asked me if i wanted to come over and sleep with her, and i apologized for being out and that i couldnt but like i'm extremely attentive to her needs, i give her the attention she wants, she even THANKS me after sex. we have arguments a few times a month but theyre always settled very well and we hadnt had an argument in like a week at this point, and we're fully accepting that they happen.

additionally, she KNOWS i look at her profile a lot. she even sends me nudes daily voluntarily, and the nudes are still there, privately linked to me, and she told me she loved me like five times before she played some vidya and went to bed.

should i be worried? i'm awake until like noon because my sleep schedule has been horrible lately. her and i have literally everything in common, i took her virginity (kid she has is adopted), i maintain a good relationship with her brother.

i'm thinking she just did it to get my attention? i have close female friends and she ALWAYS is in fear of me leaving her for them. theres no way on earth she's splitting with me is there?

i'll be awake and monitoring this closely. thanks for making it this far and indulging in my hopefully false fears.

pic unrelated.
>>
Stop freaking out and making mental scenarios, or you're just going to make a bad situation. It could be anything as simple as the social media provider fucking up, her changing things on her profile and accidentally changing something, or, as you said, an attention grab.

If you talk to her about it, DON'T sound like you're accusing her of anything. That's a one-way ticket to an argument. Be calm, be cool, be collected.

Also, on the side, about your friends. I have the same situation where I have a lot of female friends and my girlfriend doesn't like it. You're going to be in for a really rough time with it, so you have two options: Be patient and understand that it's going to be a problem for a while, or bail out now. The longer you wait, the harder it will be.
>>
>>18082770
Are you 110% sure it said taken before you went out?
>>
File: 1486644513215.jpg (104KB, 738x1200px)
1486644513215.jpg
104KB, 738x1200px
>>18082787
i did not check immediately before i went out, but i visit it multiple times a day and the first things i look for are her bio and the pics, and it was fine throughout the day.
>>18082786
it isn't the social media provider i'm afraid. she manually types it into her bio.

i'm not going to accuse her directly of anything but it raises a lot of alarms. after we began dating, she made it a big thing that she would declare herself taken. this sudden removal is beyond concerning, but i appreciate the positive energy you're giving. her and i know that we'd never find someone as compatible as us ever again and it would just be terrible.

i sincerely appreciate you guys replying, from the bottom of my heart. all of my friends are in bed and i am in perpetual fear of randomly getting cut off of broken up with for an ulterior reason. i like to trust people and that how they feel for me is genuine and it really breaks my heart to see such a (potential) change of heart.
>>
>>18082816
Assuming that you're right and not a schizo, you've still identified two red flags:
1. Checking her bio frequently is obsessive, if you want to know how she is then talk to her
2. Frequently changing her bio is, for lack of a better word, WEIRD. If you're self-obsessed and need to let others know what you're doing/how you're feeling all the time, send out a tweet, don't go into your settings to change it

Definitely talk to her about it OP, it's a little strange if you ask me
>>
>>18082816
>her and i know that we'd never find someone as compatible as us ever again and it would just be terrible.

Son, I'm going to stop you right there. I can tell from things like this and from her being attention-seeking that you're both very young, probably early 20's (if not younger). That's a dangerous line of thinking and will get you stuck in a relationship that you're not happy in, if it ever comes to that. You've been dating three months. That's not enough time to even scratch the surface on knowing someone, or even letting your guard down around them. Never think that there's only one perfect person out there for you. If things don't work out, they don't work out, and you gotta take it on the chin and move on. I can guarantee you that there are others out there, some even better than her,
>>
>>18082824
she doesnt frequently change her bio, she ONLY ever changed it for the relationship status stuff.

i go on her profile and enjoy the legions of guys that have tried to hit on her in the past and in the present without success, just so she can spend her days answering to me.

also, she's gorgeous and i love looking at her body often so
>>
>>18082830
well, you're right on the age bit, she's into her 20s and i'm 19.

she is nowhere near my first relationship. ive had stuff last for years, girls come in and out of my life, and i've always made it a point to at least have some women to talk to kinda satiate my ego (yeah, not the healthiest thing to do but w.e)

i've compared and contrasted her to past relationships and she's had the most to offer by far, and again, ive went years into relationships with those ive had less in common with, or enjoyed less. from politics, to gaming taste, to philosophy on raising children, to what we want out of life, to having identical judgement on just about every issue not involving us... look, man. you're probably right. and i'm probably gonna wonder what the fuck i was doing right now whenever i hit your age. i am a pretty intense mess in life at the moment, the only thing really keeping me held together are my friends, my cats, and music.

i feel comforted from having you here.
>>
>>18082851
>i'm 19
>ive had stuff last for "years"

>i go on her profile and enjoy the legions of guys that have tried to hit on her in the past and in the present without success

You're a narcissist, the only problem here is the one with your ego
>>
>>18082851
There's nothing wrong with being in a relationship to keep yourself happy, so long as you don't lead on the other person. If you're just dating to be with someone, cool, just don't tell her you want to marry her someday or whatever.

I wish you the best in this situation, but just take a deep breath, and put it into perspective. You weren't together three months ago, so it's not like much would change if you broke up. You can always re-roll and find someone else who matches your interests.
>>
>>18082851
>19
> ive had stuff last for years

Relationships are like life in general: the shit you do in high school doesn't matter.
>>
>>18082868
not really arguing the fact i've got an ego, but i keep it masked around those that i actually know for hopefully obvious reasons. also not really sure how that or the claim @ long term relationships has to do with the OP concern /:

>>18082869
yeah, i'm already mentally preparing myself for a potential break up. just really disappointed, you know? if she so wishes it to happen, we were doing really well, and i honestly saw a future with her as she did with me (or i thought so). trust me, i know three months is nothing, but it was three months of just general good company and honestly, some of the best times ive had in a very long time ):
>>
I sometimes chance my FB bio, depends on what fits my current mood at that moment.

Like a few months ago I wanted everyone to see "In a relationship", "Hometown" etc and now I just removed everything, to make it look simple and pretty.

I wouldn't read too much into it man lol. She was probably just playing with her profile.
>>
>>18082890
do you think so? she has one of those bios that are like: age, relationship status, and like five things about her seperated by comma. its all in one line so it just strikes me oddly she'd manually remove it. i hope youre right.

>>18082880
again, i know it really didnt matter much in hs. the context of mentioning i had stuff "last for years" is that the girl i'm with right now puts all of that to shame. i've been profoundly happy with her, and one of the last lines she told me before she went to bed was that i made her happy.
>>
I wouldn't worry about this too much. Especially not right now. I mean what is stay up freaking out about this going to do for you except make you tired tomorrow morning?

You might as well assume everything is ok until tomorrow, and then tomorrow you can get confirmation that everything is ok.

And if it's not, oh well.

For what it's worth, you cannot expect someone who is super possessive or afraid you're going to leave to necessarily be someone you can rely on to be committed to the relationship.

Sometimes their feelings come from having bad experiences, but a lot of the time it's because they themselves aren't constant. It's like liars who think everyone is lying, or thieves who worry that everyone is going to try to steal from them.

The most jealous ex I ever had (like borderline crazy), after she got fired from her job, she started "hanging out" with a scumbag she used to hang out with and score drugs from while lying to me about where she was.

Some people are very good at pulling you in by seeming very intense and very sincere, but when that happens over an unreasonably short time frame, you can be sure they don't really know you well enough for you to be able to count on those feelings to be "real". Watch to make sure that you're really getting what you want, not some seductively intense intimacy that's intertwined with some serious "what the fuck" behavior.
>>
>>18082987
i appreciate the input, and yeah exactly. there's no sense in panicking over something i have no way of knowing for sure in the morning anyways but i've been in an out of counseling for about five years to minimal avail and i'm just generally shit about staying simmered down about these sorts of things.

about the "what the fuck" behavior... i understand entirely what you mean. there are certain alarms that she's pulled in the past that i've called her out for (things like sudden, unprovoked request for change) and even then it's a bare minimum and she's generally hyper submissive and willing to serve me at every which way.

also, fuck your ex. cannot STAND people that lie about where they're at only to just sleep like fuckin' babies at night.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.