[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduated from university almost 2 years ago >for three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1480053357643.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1480053357643.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
>graduated from university almost 2 years ago
>for three years I've wasted all of my free time on internet browsing
>for at least 3 times a week in the past 1.5 years I've had junk food and told myself it was the last time and believed myself
>same as above but with coffee

How do I start working really hard and avoid eating junk? My procrastination has been immense. Is the answer really just, "Just do it"? How do other people do it?

It seems like everyone lives an easy life compared to me. Either they're a female, chad, or some generic normie who is accepted by everyone and has a support structure. I am ugly and have bad social skills and no social life so I will never have any sort of support structure.

I always feel so paranoid and frustrated because there are ten trillion books / subjects people say you have to learn or else you're stupid. "You can't read anything without reading 1000 pages of boring as fuck Plato, enjoying it, and then wanking over how incredible it was and how smart we are for loving him!"

Now replace reading / Plato with programming / (SICP, lisp) or reading / (tonnes of stuff). Not only do I get annoyed by this, I can clearly see that they're talking shit, yet I still feel constantly cucked because I haven't read that book etc.
>>
>>18080416
The Plato thing is bullshit. Guarantee you most of the people who claim to be well versed are either lying or had to for school.

Anyways, you're probably depressed with enabling parents. Welcome to the millennial experience. We're all slowly dying in our parent's houses.
>>
>>18080416
>How do I start working really hard and avoid eating junk?
there's an infinite number of answers to this, because we are all so uniquely different. generally, you need to want the end results of working hard and not eating junk, and you need to understand that those results can only come from working hard and not eating junk.

it might help you to make a list outlining the pros and cons of being lazy or eating bad foods. you'll quickly find there are virtually no pros, and you will have a good think about why you do this stuff.

if you don't already exercise at least 3 hours a week, fucking start. stick with it for a month or so and it'll turn into fun instead of a chore. this is huge and if there's one thing you take away from this I hope it's that.
>>
>>18080416
>How do other people do it?

Because they're not fucking spoiled by their parents!
>>
>>18080416
>unironically believing you have to read SICP to be smart
So here's the thing about SICP
You have to WANT to read it
If you don't want to read it, it doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you don't want to read that useless bullshit

t. someone who read SICP
>>
>>18080416
drinking coffee in the morning is probably not the most important habit to kick. in fact if drinking coffee helps get you up and running in the morning it's really a small price to pay (if you can even call it a "price" considering how good it tastes)

for me personally the trick is to just "get started". once i start on a project i can work hard on it for a long time. the hard part is passing the initial friction/inertia, i'll sit and procrastinate, read 4chan, etc. instead of opening the work.

what helps me to overcome the inertia is to not think about finishing the whole job, which is often overwhelming. instead i just accept it will be imperfect and that it won't get finished today but i can at least do 1 step, read 1 page, write 2 lines of code, etc. in practice, once i get started, ill do TONS more, but i don't pressure myself for more than just a measurable bit of progress.
>>
>>18080416

You're probably coming to terms with depression.

Are you working/employed/doing something with your time or just collecting neet bux?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.