[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were to acquire $10k and wanted to be "Smart"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

If you were to acquire $10k and wanted to be "Smart" with it, what would you do with said money? How would you allow it to create more wealth for you?
>>
That's nothing. Keep it in a savings account to cover an unexpected expense or two.
>>
>>18079684
Personally I own a house, so I'd probably sink it all into a principle payment so I could get rid of my out age insurance that's like 75 a month.

Why did you just come into some money? Use it to go to college. Take a fuckton of classes at a local college in some thing guaranteed to make you money.
>>
I'm already going to college and I too own a house.
>>
>>18079693
I've made it pretty far in life with having access to much less in my account. I'm not even saying I'm going to have this amount but, I'm just curious if there are ways to create abundance from very little investment. For instance I would personally take some of that money to make a decent garden at home to save on food consistently and if I was successful in producing crops I'd consider greatly changing my diet to get my food cost even lower by going vegetarian.
>>
>>18079703
Are you past the 20 percent equity rate on your house? Can you use it to fully pay off your college?
>>
>>18079706
I'm honestly not sure. I'll have to look into that. Doubt it though.

I'm currently enrolled in community college which isnt very costly. I'm sure if and when I decide to go to uni that i'll have to take out a student loan just like everyone else.
>>
>>18079684
I too own houses. I own a house. In my expert opinion, you should smash several holes into the walls of your house, and deposit the money within, immediately increasing the property value by $10,000.
>>
>>18079684
Cook meth, sell it. Seriously, 10k isn't much to start something decent with unless you have the skills to buy, fix and flip things that are worth money. Just put it in an index fund or something.
>>
Just drop it in savings.
>>
>>18079684
Put half of it in a no-load index-linked mutual fund. (If you don't know what that is, look it up).

Put 40% in a bank. You'll get lousy interest but it will be safe and available.

Spend 10% on a luxury gift to yourself.
>>
Oldfag here.

10k is nothing. It isn't going to earn enough to provide anything. If you don't need it now best thing is to put it somewhere free where hopefully it holds value against inflation until you do need it.

If you've got any interest bearing debts which you carry month to month use it to pay those off or down in the order of most expensive to least.

If you aren't paying for things like insurance up front because you live month to month and as such you don't get the discounted price use part of it to get a month ahead on your wages so you can start to benefit from shit like that. Enjoy the savings from bulk buying toilet rolls because that will be a greater return than an income from 10k.

Unless all your basic needs are met and covered at the moment and you have a cheap small business idea which you believe you could make work, but please understand 10k is like fucking around money.

Maybe bulk buy some christmas trees and try and sell them during the festive period. Maybe bulk buy some decent olive oil and make some infused oils to sell at food fairs and markets. Maybe bulk brew some mead and do the same. Maybe get a coffee machine and make a little bar and do coffee for events.

There are lots of ideas, but 90% of them will go wrong and lose your money, but they are worth a small risk, but understand you are unlikely to see more than a few hundred a month from such an endeavour.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.